Anyone Had Just One Area Of Alopecia Areata?

askingmummy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anybody help me? My daughter has one patch of alopecia arearta in the crown of her head. I can’t see anymore, but is she likely to get another one? She’s only 8 and has got really long thick hair, I’m trying to hide it from her at the moment and hoping it grows back but so worried another will come or this one will get bigger. Has anybody ever just had one patch?

cocoa50

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anybody help me? My daughter has one patch of alopecia arearta in the crown of her head. I can’t see anymore, but is she likely to get another one? She’s only 8 and has got really long thick hair, I’m trying to hide it from her at the moment and hoping it grows back but so worried another will come or this one will get bigger. Has anybody ever just had one patch?
Hello . My 18 year old son has just discovered a small bald patch at back of his head, its about the size of a 10p coin, Can I ask if your daughters patch has increased in size or is just the same.? Im very concerned about him as he's getting worried that he's going to lose all his hair . We went to the doctors and she prescribed him a steroid cream to apply daily . Its early days yet so we will have to wait .

cocoa50

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are in safe hands if you have started with the treatment. It is a common scenario and is totally curable. Bear with the treatment and follow the instructions of your doctor. It takes a minimum of 2-3 months to get the results. If necessary, the doctire can also replace the steroid ointment with shots.
Thank you so much. He has just had abnormal blood test results for his thyroid and iron levels. They will repeat them in two weeks.