Anyone Had Fue After Having Smp, Also How Long Does Redness Last After Procedure?

jaslondon

Reaction score
Hi i had SMP last summer and it turned out fine, i used to wear hair systems but got sick of it! The SMP is fine its better than messing about with systems but now i want to have a FUE transplant so i am wondering if anyone has done it and how did it work out? Also how long does the redness last in the donor and recipient areas and is the scarring from the donor area noticeable? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,
Jay

Felipe302

Established Member
Reaction score
You can find a few videos on youtube if you search for SMP FUE. Also google shows a few results.

How long the redness in the recipient area lasts depends on the person really. Long lasting redness seems to be more common with white people. However, this is not a rule. Some people wont have any redness one month after the hair transplant. Others will still have some redness one year after the transplant.

The scarring can be noticeable, depending on the punch size used for extraction. Also, again, that is going to depend on how you heal. Some people just produce keloid scarring and stuff like that.

SMP not always works on scars. Sometimes the ink just dont take on the tissue. I recommend that you do a small transplant first, like 1000 grafts, and wait like 8 months. After that, try to cover the donor scarring with SMP. If it doesnt work, stop there. If the SMP Ink takes on the scars, do a new and larger transplant so you can create that illusion of hair.

jaslondon

Reaction score
You can find a few videos on youtube if you search for SMP FUE. Also google shows a few results.

How long the redness in the recipient area lasts depends on the person really. Long lasting redness seems to be more common with white people. However, this is not a rule. Some people wont have any redness one month after the hair transplant. Others will still have some redness one year after the transplant.

The scarring can be noticeable, depending on the punch size used for extraction. Also, again, that is going to depend on how you heal. Some people just produce keloid scarring and stuff like that.

SMP not always works on scars. Sometimes the ink just dont take on the tissue. I recommend that you do a small transplant first, like 1000 grafts, and wait like 8 months. After that, try to cover the donor scarring with SMP. If it doesnt work, stop there. If the SMP Ink takes on the scars, do a new and larger transplant so you can create that illusion of hair.

jaslondon

Reaction score
Hey thank you for the response, any info is appreciated with thisas its hard to find accurate info online!
I will have a look on youtube, hopefully the redness wont last too long on me! Lol

Thanks again!