Anyone Get Acne From Nizoral?

sanchez

Reaction score
I have pretty mild acne now, and obviously I am trying to get rid of it. However, Ive always noticed that after nizoral my current acne always gets aggravated and in addition I usually see a breakout right after I come out of the shower. Its pretty fucked up, Ive already tried covering up my face with a towel while rinsing off nizoral but to no avail the sh*t still manages to soak through and effect by face. I havent been able to use it for a while now, just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar effects from nizoral.

kt_hair

Reaction score
I've been using Nizoral for the past two weeks. I had acne over my forhead before I started using it. But after using it, the acne is completely gone. For Nizoral to work, it is necessary to let the shampoo remain on your head for atleast 5 minutes.

SE-freak

Reaction score
I think I might have, but not sure its from nizoral. Wasn't there before and it is not hyperadrogenetic as I am not on finasteride.

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
i've gotten some pretty bad acne consistneyl, startingn at around 10 months of my big 3 regimen. I havent had acne for close to 10 years. I'm not sure whats causing it.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride has given me some acne but nizoral hasn't

jsmith

Reaction score
i got a little acne on my hairline and a few pimples on the back of my head the first few weeks i was using nizoral, but it went away after that(i've been using it for about 5 months now).

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In theory nizoral should help cure acne due to it's anti DHT ability.

Remember, many acne treatments make it worse before it starts to get better so maybe the same is true for nizoral - making you think the nizoral is causing the acne rather than helping it.

sanchez

Reaction score
Thx for the replies. Are u guys sure that it's the finasteride thats causing your acne though, couldnt it be the nizoral. I know in my case, nizoral without a doubt irritates the f*** out of my face when I wash it off, T-gel doesnt. Ive been on proscar for a month without any major break-outs, however every nizoral application results in the formation of around 4 pimples on my face.