Anyone Experience With Oral Minoxidil/dinasteride Combo? | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Anyone Experience With Oral Minoxidil/dinasteride Combo?

Discussion in 'Men's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by 1212, Sep 21, 2019.

1. 1212

1212 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I spoke with a hair loss doctor who recommended I take a oral minoxidil/finasteride compound and was wondering if anyone else has had experience with this.

Currently I am using topical rogaine foam for the last month and have had no problems except I have noticed wrinkles on my forehead starting to happen despite being 25. Was wondering if anyone knows if this would continue when switching to oral minoxidil and if anyone else had any experiences with this drug.

Also I had decreased libido with generic 1mg finasteride before so he recommended dosing it once every 2 days for a couple months before switching to every day. Want to know if anyone else has done anything like this with success. Thanks in advance

2. StevenGerrard

StevenGerrard Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    didn't some old man develop severe acromegaly from oral minoxidil? That shit scares me to death (see: Big Foot Silva, Mariusz Wach, Choi Hong-man), if it wasn't for that particular side effect (damage to the pituitary gland) I would definitely try oral minoxidil. I might hop back on the liquid or foam a few months from now.

as far as finasteride, you should probably try what he recommended (1mg every two days). You said you are a responder, no? Give it another shot.

3. 1212

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
  4. OldnBald

OldnBald Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Na, your problems with oral min is going to be the widening of blood vessels and the problems that can cause, mainly cariovascular disease. You don't want to put that kind of mileage on your heart, although you will more than likely grow a fuckin mane on both both finasteride and loniten.

But leave it alone, the potential sides effects are too devastating, especially considering you have to take it for as long as you want that quantity of hair.

5. 1212

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    When you put it like that growing a mane sounds pretty cool..

Is oral minoxidil that bad for your heart, even than topical?

6. Derelict

Derelict Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    There was a study that showed between 2.5 and 5mg of topical minoxidil went systematic when applied to the whole of the scalp, i don't think oral minoxidil at the right dosages is something to be afraid of health wise if im being honest

7. 1212

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I think the oral minoxidil dosage is about 2.5-10mg range so if it’s about the same amount systematic I think I’d be good on that. I’m more worried about the finasteride, but the minoxidil and the heart can be a valid concern

8. OldnBald

OldnBald Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    don't be a fool. what study. loniten is too dangerous.

9. 1212

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    What study are you referring to when you say that oral minoxidil is associated with cardiovascular disease? If thats proven then ya, taking it is probably a bad idea for most people

#9 1212, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  10. 1212

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Currently thinking of starting 0.5 mg finasteride compound with probably 5 mg oral minoxidil or just 0.5mg finasteride by itself. Anyone have any thoughts on which might be better? I am currently quitting topical minoxidil due to noticeable forehead wrinkles after only 6 weeks of use which didn’t exist before