Anyone experience sides with topical finasteride?

Dazed82

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have always given oral finasteride a miss because of the sexual side effects I read about, however since finding out about topical finasteride I thought I would give it a go.

Now it could just be my imagination or other mental issues atm but I felt like i have had erection problems since using it for the last few weeks. But is this even possible with a topical solution? Doesn't seem to be much research on topical finasteride yet so thought I would see if anyone else has tried this?

Thanks

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have always given oral finasteride a miss because of the sexual side effects I read about, however since finding out about topical finasteride I thought I would give it a go.

Now it could just be my imagination or other mental issues atm but I felt like i have had erection problems since using it for the last few weeks. But is this even possible with a topical solution? Doesn't seem to be much research on topical finasteride yet so thought I would see if anyone else has tried this?

Thanks
It goes systemic. Even a 0.25% formula 1ml once a day reduces serum by 60-70%

BaldBob

My Regimen
Reaction score
How often do you use? I have read that topical finasteride can still cause sexual side effects.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
How often do you use? I have read that topical finasteride can still cause sexual side effects.
See it goes systemic. I read about a guy that applied topical finasteride x3 Times weekly only and had results. Once fina enters the blood from the scalp your dht Will remain low for several days. So using it daily is dumb if you want to reduce sides.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-09-19-53-59-459_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-09-19-53-59-459_com.android.chrome.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

jazz1

Reaction score
Oral gave me side effects back in 2010, I used topcial 0.025% and now I use 0.1% Topical Finasteride. The side effects are less but my body did adjust where I am fine now and side effect free, you could add horny goat weed and zinc to counter any side effects.

Michaels

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral gave me side effects back in 2010, I used topcial 0.025% and now I use 0.1% Topical Finasteride. The side effects are less but my body did adjust where I am fine now and side effect free, you could add horny goat weed and zinc to counter any side effects.
What brand are you using and do you think it’s as effective as the oral?

jazz1

Reaction score
What brand are you using and do you think it’s as effective as the oral?

When using any medication everyone responds differently. I been using Topical Finasteride since 2010. There have been many other users throughout the years on this forum and other forums that have had great success with Topical Finasteride. There have been studies that Topical Blocks more DHT compared to oral and the side effects for me were less compared to oral.

Check the thread I created all the details are added how to order should you want to try Topical Finasteride.

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
I use Happy Head customized to 0.025% finasteride and 6% min per 1mL twice daily. My results have been better than with oral finasteride and topical min, and I have zero sides unlike oral finasteride.

I've thought about dropping my finasteride % concentration in increments of 0.005% over a period of months just to see if efficacy is reduced at all.