Anyone ever used Vapon Tapes like Lace FX?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure why roll tape presents an issue, for you. I've used ultrahold tape, on the perimeter for years, without issue. It's very thin, and doesn't make the edge noticeable.

You pull a few inches from the roll...leaving it uncut.... attach the end to the base, letting more off the roll...as needed..rolling it off the roll...and onto the base, where you'd like it. When done, cut it from the roll, press it down, and peel off backing, from the base....

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
You had tape on your head for 5 days and had a mess?? Pieces should be as intact as a rock after so little time.

Let me know how things turn out. I mean, I used tape. It takes a while to get problems from it. Constant use and the contact dematisis gets worse and worse.

I wish I could use tape so badly though. My brother was vising from LA. He takes his piece off at night and throws it on the floor. He then sprays the tape with alcohol and re-attaches in 4 seconds.

When I was using tape, I had no idea why people had any troubble w hair systems, as it was as EASY AS PIE!

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I didn´t have problems on my skin. But the Lace FX tapes were hardly to get off the system. I never saw this at other tapes before

jeepwrangler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gonna bump this because about 6 months ago I switched to tape but recently I’m only able to get 5 or 6 days out of the tape before I get too itchy (walker ultra hold— it seems to run a bit for me and causes itchiness all over).

going to try Lace FX and Topstick — but are there any other tape suggestions out there? hopefully I don’t have to switch back to full bond :(

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used Lace fx, ok for just hair line, but not good for all around bond.

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You had tape on your head for 5 days and had a mess?? Pieces should be as intact as a rock after so little time.

Let me know how things turn out. I mean, I used tape. It takes a while to get problems from it. Constant use and the contact dematisis gets worse and worse.

I wish I could use tape so badly though. My brother was vising from LA. He takes his piece off at night and throws it on the floor. He then sprays the tape with alcohol and re-attaches in 4 seconds.

When I was using tape, I had no idea why people had any troubble w hair systems, as it was as EASY AS PIE!

im pretty good at taping it up, etc. my problem is actually getting it on my head! I’m wearing shorter styles, and the margin for error is very slim. If it’s on slightly off, you can notice it. I use the lace release stuff, but by the time I get it back on, the spray had dried/evaporated.