Anyone ever used Vapon Tapes like Lace FX?

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there,

anyone of you ever used or is using vapon tapes (lace fx / topstick) whatever. Are they good ?

Cruise21

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topstick is good tape for a shorter hold or even daily wear because it's not as sticky or powerful as something like Supertape. Also you can buy it easily from many different places or sites.

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bought Lace FX and Topstick Plus.
Made a patch test, after 24 h no problems. Seems to be good

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lace fx only lasted 6 days for me
So jealous when I read something negative such as "only" last 6 days. The best I get is a week, no matter what.... Even with antipersprint, maxhold sport, and quality long hold tapes..... oily scalp

Likely why people believe I'm 5 to 10 years younger than I am.

Last edited:

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
So jealous when I read something negative such as "only" last 6 days. The best I get is a week, no matter what.... Even with antipersprint, maxhold sport, and quality long hold tapes..... oily scalp

And the great hair too. :D

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Since I switched to Ghost bond I get 3 weeks, lol

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since I switched to Ghost bond I get 3 weeks, lol
I'd give anything to get 2 weeks.... As you all know, no matter how careful you are, the more you remove and install.... the more you...lose hair... affecting density at the hairline and risk damaging the base....

Last edited:

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd give anything to get 2 weeks.... As you all know, no matter how careful you are, the more you remove and install.... the more you...lose hair... affecting density at the hairline and risk damaging the base....
Wow, must me the climate in Florida. I live in the north east. Plus you mentioned oily skin, luckily I don't have that. Btw, saw your tip on jojoba oil...tried it. It seams to add good shine. How often do you put it on?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, must me the climate in Florida. I live in the north east. Plus you mentioned oily skin, luckily I don't have that. Btw, saw your tip on jojoba oil...tried it. It seams to add good shine. How often do you put it on?
Its my chemistry, not location. I'm in New York about as much as Fl and it's all the same.

Pretty much only when it starts to get dry. It's very easy to overdo things with hair systems, and make it greasy or weighted down. Always dampen the hair 1st, towel dry, and apply a small amount....

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the 2 week mark, my tape turns into a
goo-ey mess. So, I re-install every week. I wish I could get 2 weeks from a product (without it feeling nasty).

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmmm got this on for 5 days now. It´s a bit itching I don´t know how it looks under the system... But I don´t think I would use tapes on poly again. Why ? If you buy it on "rolls" it so f*****g hard to put the paper off the tape. I was sweating like sh*t on my install because it was so hard. Then you can easily feel the edges around your head. They are not "slim" enough. OK maybe some are but I don´t know whether my skin can handle them.
I use this now until it´s gone and afterwards just extreme hold or whatever.

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was a f*****g mess cleaning this up. It was rock hard tied together with the system. I sprayed a lot of Isopro and C22 on it. Never seen it before with tapes.