Anyone ever used Ashley and Martin

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So for us in Perth to offer a twelve month supply for the RealGROWTH for $1580.00 then I would consider this to be a good offer.

That is a crap offer. Only the ignorant would pay that much.

Advanced Hair and Ashley & Martin are a scam. They prey on the innocent and ignorant, then rip them off by charging outragous prices for simple over the counter products like minoxidil, plus selling unproven treatments like Saw Palmetto and touting them like they are 'proven'.

Hairloss sites like this one, HLH and Hairsite, plus others are FAR, FAR more informative and beneficial than ANYTHING Advanced Hair Studio or Ashley and Martin could offer. Plus you would save ALOT of money too.

Keep away from these shills, they will rip you off. These sites offer free and better advice, plus you will save a ton.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your post is a duplicate from another thread. Below is a duplicate of my response. Tell us what research your company has produced from the markup you're charging.

bonric said:
With regards to comments made about Ashley and Martin which some would be considered slanderous

Bullshit.

bonric said:
I propose that instead of a slagging off. How about contacting the company as your input would be greatly appreciated? http://www.ashleyandmartin.com.au then onto contacts us.

http://www.playboy.com/ offers a more rewarding experience. It's more aesthetically pleasing and much better jerk off material.

bonric said:
For the un-informed Ashley and Martin

So you admit that you're uninformed.

bonric said:
The medical director of Ashley and Martin is Dr Mario Terri; he is a qualified hair transplant surgeon and is a member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Society.

His parents must be proud.

bonric said:
I think that would make him very well suited to field any questions that you might want to throw at us.

I'd never heard of your company until five minutes ago. You offer nothing original -- nothing of any value. What research has been produced or funded by your organization?

[garbage snipped]

hair4now

Reaction score
Ashley and Martin

bonric said:
With regards to comments made about Ashley and Martin which some would be considered slanderous

The purpose of this post and any of my previous posts is not to slander Ashley and Martin but to provide facts from my experiences and observations of Ashley and Martin and to warn any potential new customers of what they can expect if they visit an Ashley and Martin hair centre.

I have put this same post in three different threads about Ashley and Martin as bonric has done with his last post. Here are the links to all these threads …
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=15212
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=10767
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... php?t=6766

Here’s what to expect for anyone who visits an Ashley and Martin Centre – you’ll get a hard sell from a Salesman who will offer you an $800 discount if you sign up now – the cost will be about $3400 (after the mythical $800 discount) for an 8 month program. Before you start the program you have to see a Doctor in order to get a prescription for Proscar & 7% Minoxidil with 0.01% Retinoic Acid (The Proscar & retinoic acid is what requires the prescription). Now you would expect that since they call themselves a “Medical Hair Centre†they would have a Doctor available to prescribe this – but they haven’t. I had to see a Doctor outside of Ashley and Martin, get a prescription, and then give it to the Salesman at Ashley and Martin. What sort of behavior is this from a “Medical Centre� I really wonder how many Doctors are employed by Ashley and Martin as during my time as a customer there I certainly didn’t meet any Doctors employed by Ashley and Martin. I’m guessing Dr Terri is the only Doctor at Ashley and Martin and this somehow gives them the right to call their other offices in Australia, NZ & the UK - “Medical Hair Centers “. Maybe bonric could answer this – exactly how many Doctors do Ashley and Martin employ?

Also during one of my visits to Ashley and Martin, the salesman tried to sell me a laser comb for $1500 NZD (about $1000 US) and blatantly said – “this is cheaper than buying one on the internetâ€.

bonric said:
If males spoke more openly about this condition and referred patients in then we could pass these savings onto the patient. This is why I like this forum.

I also like these forums and one of the many good things about it is that you can warn others about places like Ashley and Martin. I’ll admit that their treatments do work – however you can get the same results with a bit of knowledge and will save you at least 60% of what Ashley and Martin charge. Also, as a former customer, no way in hell would I refer anyone to Ashley and Martin. I simply don’t believe Ashley and Martin would pass on any savings to their customers.

hair4now

Reaction score
Check this link out. In NZ we have a TV show called "Fair Go" which deals with consumer complaints, rip offs etc. This guy went to Ashley & Martin and after 8 months of following their program it made no difference so he asked for his money back. They weren't going to give him his money back so "Fair Go" intervened and he eventually got his money back. Heres the link (scroll down to the 2nd story entitles "Hair Hassles")...

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/488124/703701

I saw this episode and can't believe A&M accepted him for their treatment. He was about a norwood 6 and wouldn't have had any chance of success.

DownUnder

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I too, was a sucker and was conned into the A&M program. I relation to the other posts on here, yes they do send you to a doctor to get Proscar and the 7% Minoxidil 0.01% Retinoic Acid.

YOU CAN DO THIS ALL ON YOUR OWN PEOPLE!! You don't need them!

As I paid for their program I concluded it and did see results, however, as mentioned, these are proven products, available to anybody, not exclusively to A&M.

All you need to do is go to your doctor and get him/her to write a prescription for 7% Minoxidil 0.01% Retinoic Acid and Proscar (cheaper alternative) or Propecia. You take the precription to a pharmacist, and they in turn send it to a compound where it is made up. This takes about 3 days. That simple!

As for their hygiene products, you can substitute with 2% Nizoral and the American Crew Revitalize system. As I was an A&M client, i have access to purchasing their Saw Palmetto, however you can get this at any good health store.

I also purchased the genuine Hairmax Lasercomb, not through A&M, which ofcourse, they have inflated the cost.

hair4now

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Ashley and Martin... the Australian version of Terrance and Phillip...

Hey you're right ....

AM.JPG

johny

Reaction score
I also went to Ashley & Martin for a consultation. I can only agree with what was already said above. It is a total rip off.

They offer a discount if you pay upfront. It would be only 3.600 instead of 4300 or something close to that. However, they say the offer is only valid if you take it right away. After asking for a couple days to think about the high price, he said that I wouldn't be eligible for the offer anymore. Obviously without any valid reason.

They try really hard to force you into a contract during the consultation. If they had a decent offer, they would give you time to think about it and don't put so much pressure on their potential customers.

I found that sales person way to pushy and that was it for my. I don't think they are trustworthy and after reading in this forum and on other pages, surely you can achieve the same results at a fraction of the price.

Don't go to Ashley and Martin.

Cheers,
John

Hotdog

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I too, was a sucker and was conned into the A&M program. I relation to the other posts on here, yes they do send you to a doctor to get Proscar and the 7% Minoxidil 0.01% Retinoic Acid.

YOU CAN DO THIS ALL ON YOUR OWN PEOPLE!! You don't need them!

As I paid for their program I concluded it and did see results, however, as mentioned, these are proven products, available to anybody, not exclusively to A&M.

All you need to do is go to your doctor and get him/her to write a prescription for 7% Minoxidil 0.01% Retinoic Acid and Proscar (cheaper alternative) or Propecia. You take the precription to a pharmacist, and they in turn send it to a compound where it is made up. This takes about 3 days. That simple!

As for their hygiene products, you can substitute with 2% Nizoral and the American Crew Revitalize system. As I was an A&M client, i have access to purchasing their Saw Palmetto, however you can get this at any good health store.

I also purchased the genuine Hairmax Lasercomb, not through A&M, which ofcourse, they have inflated the cost.
Hi, Wondering what your success rate has been, since using the products