Anyone ever used Ashley and Martin

lj

Reaction score
Hi there,

Was wondering if anyone has ever used the services of the company Ashley and Martin.

I have had a consultation. They said they could help but did not offer any gurantees but charge $4500 AUS for an eight month program.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any cheaper but equally effective ways of getting my hair to stop balding and start growing it back.

I am 23 and my hair loss is hereditary but has been accelerated from my taking the drug Roaccutane for my acne - which has now cleared.

All discussion welcome!!

Thanks,

lj.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
did they tell you what their program consists of ??? best bet is to visit a derm. and get on Propecia if you are not opposed to it .. more info at
http://www.propecia.com And picking up Nizoral shampoo at your local food store wouldnt hurt.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do a search, there has been lots of discussion on the forum.

drinkrum

Reaction score
lj said:
Hi there,

Was wondering if anyone has ever used the services of the company Ashley and Martin.

I have had a consultation. They said they could help but did not offer any gurantees but charge $4500 AUS for an eight month program.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any cheaper but equally effective ways of getting my hair to stop balding and start growing it back.

I am 23 and my hair loss is hereditary but has been accelerated from my taking the drug Roaccutane for my acne - which has now cleared.

All discussion welcome!!

Thanks,

lj.

They will be ripping you off by charging $4500 AUD for the same stuff (finasteride, minoxidil) that you can by for $100 AUD for the same duration of time. Go back and burn the mofo down.

D.

lj

Reaction score
word drinkrum!

burn baby burn!

the only thing is that i dunno if there is anything else that i'll be missing out on if i don't go thru A and M.

i've been told they do laser treatment as well as some steam treatment and deep scalp massage or something...can anyone else confirm their methods?

thanks!

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
LJ.

I am a fellow Aussie who got conned into going to Ashely & Martin - although when I did (only 2 years ago) the price was AUD$3k for the 8 month program!! They claim 98% success rate, but what their definition of 'success' means is dubious.

Here's what you get:

8 months worth of Minoxidil 7% with Retin-A 0.01% to be used twice per day;
8 months worth of Proscar to be used 1.25mg daily;
Saw Palmetto capsules;
Hygiene products (ie build up remover, shampoo, conditioner);
12 "electro" sessions - basically some chick will massage your head for 10mins with a massage device, then use an electrostatic device that apparently brings blood to the capillaries for 10mins, then applies minoxidil to you; and
3 henna hair treatment sessions.

As you would read from here, the essential products in their regimen are Minoxidil and Proscar. The hygiene products are actually really nice to use, but provide little benefit. The electro sessions feel good but are only ancillary treatments at best. I didn't even use the saw palmetto capsules.

After paying the AUD$3k, doing the full program (with no regrowth but maintenance), I also signed up to their "bargain" 18 month supply of Minoxidil and Proscar (AUD$1900). I'm no idiot (seriously) I just didn't educate myself enough before signing up, and walked in with the attitude "if it costs the most, it must the best". Certainly, it was way better than what I saw of Advanced Hair Studios. They are still, essentially, salesmen though. I mainly signed up because the salesman I dealt with said "Rogaine will work, but if you want the best treatments - we're the only ones that have them"... which is a load of bollox.

After stumbling across this site about a year ago, I then began to realise how stupid my signing up to Ashley & Martin was in the first place. You can buy a 12 month supply of Dr Lee's Minoxidil with Retin-A and Proscar brand Finasteride (with a prescription) for just AUD$500. Add Nizoral, good shampoos & conditioners and some Crew peptides into the equation and you're looking at about AUD$800 max, for the year.

So save yourself some money and avoid Ashley & Martin. Perhaps you could try bargaining with them in the face of hard facts... however, they'll still try to sell you the Hairmax Lasercomb on top of that for the "bargain' price of AUD$1300. You can pick it up direct from Lexington for AUD$800 online - which I propose to do very soon.

Anyway, good luck and watch this forum - it rocks.

DEF

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Beware of A&M. They are salesmen, only the owner is a doctor. Basically they sell propecia and minoxidil at an inflated price. My advice steer clear get your self educated with the facts, read medical journals and studies etc. Go to a dermatologist for male pattern baldness confirmatinos and advice.

grtt

Reaction score
Cool idea!

I may open a hair studio myself, I could sell finasteride, Minoxidil, some shampoos and conditioners, copper peptides and some other therapies i could find on the net, I would buy a couple of laser combs and I could make money!!!

Cool! :D

lj

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the tips gents!!

I am starting to think more and more every day that A and M is a rip off!

It sounded that way from the very start anyway...

I just want to educate myself on what I really need so I will take your advice and go to see a dermatologist for some real advice and not just a sales pitch...i'm still heated over the fact that at AandM they made me feel priviledged to be even offered 'acceptance' in their extortionate program!!

What I would really like to know is what each of the products in their maintenance kit does:

e.g.
Antisepol
Presol
Formula 37
Shampoo (blue)
Finishing Rinse
Saw Palmetto

I'd like to know these things actually do for me so that I can decide whether I need them and if so, where I can find less expensive but equally quality alternatives.

So what are peoples thoughts on the laser comb/massage treatment they give you at AandM - does anyone know if this ACTUALLY contributes to the re-growth of ones hair?

Has anyone had good results just using the generic products available from other sources?

I really appreciate this forum, it is the best thing since...i dunno something good.

lj

Reaction score
Wow, i wasn't aware that there would be some links automatically added to the words 'lasercomb' 'saw palmetto' etc. linking to advertisements for them...how devious!

But a great marketing idea...props to the person who came up with that one!

Petchsky

Reaction score
lj said:
Wow, i wasn't aware that there would be some links automatically added to the words 'lasercomb' 'saw palmetto' etc. linking to advertisements for them...how devious!

But a great marketing idea...props to the person who came up with that one!

The links are for information on the product not to sell them to you. There may be one or two links taking you to a site where you can buy them but just about every site needs advertisements to stay afloat.

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
interesting. I realize that you're trying to make a living here by doing your thing - with clinical proven treatments. But answer this: If this is such a good deal why do the Ashley & Martin sales consultants use such nasty "Pyramid" sales pitches like "You have to buy right now - or else you won't get the deal" (this has been reported by quite a few posters on this forum and others). I felt really intimidated and angry after visiting Ashton & Martin's office in Sydney - this is really dishonest especially since you are dealing with people who are affected emotionally by their hairloss. To con people when they are already down is sooo low and shameful...

Just my 2 cents....

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
perhaps those hot chicks applying minoxidil give a blowjob while the minoxidil dries. probably that justifies the cost.

VWdude

Reaction score
Aston martins are sweet. I like the Ferrari Enzo better however.

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Ashley and Martin

bonric said:
The costings in the Perth office are for twelve months of these products it will cost you $1580 if paid up front or $140.00 per month over 12 months (1680).
700 ml 7% minoxidil +.01% retinoic acid
3 X Proscar
12 X Saw Palmetto
If you want to use plain 5% minoxidil we also are the manufactures of Hair A-Gain and you get 4 months supply of this for $100.00.

I have seen all in this industry and I can tell you that what we offer is a very good deal.

A good deal huh?

Let's see, a year of Proscar here in the states will set you back roughly $360. A year's supply of 5% minoxidil will cost someone right at around $144. If you really wanted to take saw palmetto then you can get it only or from a drug store for no more than $6 a month to equate to $72 a year.

360 + 144 + 72 = $576 vs. your $1580 or $140 a month.

Do you guys at least give a reach-around?

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
VWdude said:
Aston martins are sweet. I like the Ferrari Enzo better however.

If you had either then you don't need f*****g hair. :D

hair4now

Reaction score
Ashley and Martin

As of about September 2004 they opened an office here in NZ - and I was stupid enough to try them.
Check out the link below - this is very much what I experienced - just wish I had seen it sooner...

http://www.choice.com.au/viewArticle.as ... 100008&p=4

They have a TV add here in NZ that has a guy with a surf board on the beach (who I’m guessing is a model who has never set foot in an Ashley & Martin clinic). The first few words he says in the add are "The senior guy at Ashley & Martin is a doctor". The annoying thing I found about that part of the add was when I signed up for the 8 month A&M program I had to see a doctor to get a prescription to use some of their products -
7% Minoxidil with 0.01% Retinoic Acid & Proscar. All up it cost me $50 for the visit to the doctor & $3400 for the A&M program. I was told the cost is usually $4200 but I got an '$800 discount' if I signed up now - the same crap they spin everyone who goes for a consultation. The guy I had the consultation with gave the illusion that they had a working relation with the local doctor and even made the appointment for me - he was
talking about Dr X (real name left out) as if he knew who they were and referred to Dr X as 'he' - when I got there I found out Dr X was a 'she'!

The consultant really had the 'gift of the gab' and simply didn't shut up long enough for me to get a word in - he had the ability to sell 'sand to Arabs' & 'ice to Eskimos' and as it turns out A&M products to idiots like me.

I gave up on A&M when at the end of the 8 month program it would cost me a further $1900 to carry on the program for a further 18 months.

hair4now

Reaction score
bonric said:
If you are presently buying minoxidil and it is being flown to you then, what does that say about the operators of the said company?

Ashley & Martin send their Minoxidil products from Australia to their clients in NZ in a postage bag. I know this for a fact as this is how I recieved my products from Ashley and Martin. What does this say about the operators of Ashley and Martin?

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Re: Ashley and Martin

bonric said:
I have been working for Ashley and Martin for over twelve years now and they are the only company in Australia that is researching better answers for this problem. The very best treatment that we have clinical studies performed by dermatologists at the Sydney University is as follows
7% minoxidil + 01% retinoic acid
Proscar 1/4 tablet per day
320 mg Saw Palmetto (completely safe urologists in Europe use it as 1st choice medication for BPH)

This was shown to grow hair in 98% of cases with and average hair count being 113% more hair.

You talk about Dr Lee formulae, where do you think he has gotten the research from. He has ripped off Dr Lewnberg, who was in a joint venture with A&M to create better minoxidil,

The costings in the Perth office are for twelve months of these products it will cost you $1580 if paid up front or $140.00 per month over 12 months (1680).
700 ml 7% minoxidil +.01% retinoic acid
3 X Proscar
12 X Saw Palmetto
If you want to use plain 5% minoxidil we also are the manufactures of Hair A-Gain and you get 4 months supply of this for $100.00.
With regards to Sales people I can understand this comment, but I would like to meet a doctor who has dealt with more than 10,000 hairloss sufferers. I have seen all in this industry and I can tell you that what we offer is a very good deal. I will not answer for other Ashley and Martin clinics, as the Perth Office is owned by myself and Dr Terri. I do not believe that sales are necessary to succeed in this business just simple facts should suffice. At the end of the day I do state that the buyer should do their research fully.

My God are your prices expensive!!