anyone ever har of a hairline like this...?

rando

Reaction score
i'm sorry, i don't have any pictures, but imagine what temple recession looks like, but i have it at the part of my hair (in addition to at the temples). how can this be? i thought this part of the hairline is the strongest in men? it actually seems to resemble a female hairline. any ideas?

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by the "part"? I always thought that the part was wherever your comb decided it was. Unless you mean the change of direction that's to the side of the center but not quite at the temple area. In which case I seem to be thinning there, too.

G

49-here.jpg
here?

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tynanW, is that a pic of you in your last post? man, your regimen is really working, barely any recession.

rando

Reaction score
hey guys. thanks for the replies. tynan, yes, that's exactly where it's thinning. as kyriakin said, though, i thought that's supposed to be the last to go. i'm also losing hair at both temples. i've literally never seen anything like this before. it's like i'm going to have two "islands" of hair left, one on each side of my part. for what it's worth, i do have a hypothyroid (TSH=4.4), though i'm starting to lose hope that that might be the cause. thanks for listening. i'm really starting to freak out. btw, i've been using rogaine on my hairline for three years (i first noticed recession only at my left temple), and have been on propecia/nizoral for the past 5.5 months. any other thoughts?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
yea that sucks...That's exactly where mine started too. The very center of my hairline was destroyed. I wear my hair back in a ponytail and it looks like someone scooped out a hole from the middle of my hairline. It has filled in a bit since starting my regimen but still looks odd. male pattern baldness can take on many forms. While this pattern it is a little uncommon, it's not unheard of. Take a look

f587.jpg

G

BHD that is some serious progress!

what is the time frame between the two pictures?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Ty,
that was 4 months on 5% minoxidil 2/day and 3 months on Propecia and Nizoral.
Unfortunately my hairline is thinning out again (not nearly as bad as the before picture) but I'm hoping it'll fill back in again.

BHD

G

BadHairDecade said:
Ty,
that was 4 months on 5% minoxidil 2/day and 3 months on Propecia and Nizoral.
Unfortunately my hairline is thinning out again (not nearly as bad as the before picture) but I'm hoping it'll fill back in again.

BHD

good stuff for such early days, looks like your a responder! :)

you've gotta imagine what it's going to be like 2 years down the line, you might end up being as good looking as me.

G

Slartibartfast said:
Can 2 years on the 'Big 3' really cause that much damage to your appearance?

yep, certainly can! I have gone from being an internationally recognised male model, sought after by all the big fashion houses and most of the worlds estrogen producers to just being a moderately brilliant looking bloke, lifes like that, you just gotta 'roll with the punches', as someone probably sang in a song sometime.

rando

Reaction score
bad hair, don't do that to me. i thought you were the poster-child of success. anyway, as i said, i'm at month 5.5 on propecia and still no results. in fact, things have only gotten worse. i'll trust you if you tell me that things will get better. i know i might be grasping at straws, but have you ever considered that something else might be cause our mid-frontal loss? like i said before, i'm apparently hypothyroid, and i also have elevated cortisol levels. could this explain why my hairloss in the front (and presumably yours, too) resembles a girl's more than a guy's?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Hey BHD, whats this about your hair getting worse? I'm not far off approaching two years, and my balding started with the middle of the hairline going in like a half circle.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Rando,
Well l I'm almost a full year on propecia minoxidl and nizoral and my progress has still been great. You have to remember for a lot of people the progress goes forward then back then forward in intervals that can last for around six months or so depending on how much your hair cycle has changed.
One of the things that i think goes over looked quite a bit is that with male pattern baldness your growth (anagen) phase is shortened and your Telogen phase is lengthened. My guess is, I saw such great improvments early on was because when I started treatment my hair may have been in one of its rare anagen cycles. Now if i started when my hair was in a telogen cycle chances are I would have shed a lot and not have seen results for quite a while. This is just a theory of mine so take it for what its worth.

BHD

rando

Reaction score
BHD, your theory makes sense to me. as long as there's the hope that it'll grow back again, i can hang on. not sure how many more "sheds" i can keep going through. whoever said this was a roller coaster wasn't kidding. it's awful. petchsky, how has your hair loss progressed? where can i expect it to recede next? will the "half-moon" just keep getting bigger? thanks everyone for answering my questions.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Hey BHD, whats this about your hair getting worse? .

Maybe I should rephrase that. I've taken a step back from the progress I've made along the hairline. This doesn't mean it's not going to get better again and it's not nearly as bad as my before pictures. I still have had excellent progress. I'm glad for what I have, considering my hairline was the first thing to be affected by male pattern baldness over 10 years ago.

I've had problem areas before in the last 6 months but I don't post about it since it usually resolves itself. It's all part of the regrowth cycle IMO.

BHD