Anyone Ever Consider Moving Far Away For A New Start?

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair is too far gone for any current treatment and there's no cure in the near future so I've been having thoughts of moving to a far away place where no one will know me. I know it sounds crazy, but I can't stand the thought of relatives, old classmates, people I know in the community seeing my appearance deteriorate this rapidly, especially when they all seem to be aging way better than me. I'd rather be the mysterious bald guy in a new town or country rather than the local single loser who went bald. I'd obviously shave my head right before moving. Anyone else have these thoughts?

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Although I dont really want to move nowhere, but I do relate to what you saying - I just cut out all my friends and people I know because I just cant let them see my hairloss progress. Everytime I move between places (finish UNI, start new work, move appartment etc) I just stop being in touch with people, that i dont see on daily basis anymore.
Man, people probably think Im really stuck up a**h** for that....

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I seriously considered the idea of becoming a buddhist monk somehere in Himalaya

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I seriously considered the idea of becoming a buddhist monk somehere in Himalaya

Me too, haha. Wee seem to be all or nothing kind of guys, which is a German vice I have been told. So in the future it's either full self-abandonment in a monastery or full on vanity with plastic surgery.

The thing is that the buddhist route seems like a romantic fantasy, I am sure they don't take any westerner who doesn't have a clue about buddhism and just wants to be a dropout.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea it definitely crosses my mind. But I'm kind of stuck at my job otherwise I'd consider it.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair is too far gone for any current treatment and there's no cure in the near future so I've been having thoughts of moving to a far away place where no one will know me. I know it sounds crazy, but I can't stand the thought of relatives, old classmates, people I know in the community seeing my appearance deteriorate this rapidly, especially when they all seem to be aging way better than me. I'd rather be the mysterious bald guy in a new town or country rather than the local single loser who went bald. I'd obviously shave my head right before moving. Anyone else have these thoughts?

Dude your f*****g 45. Man the f*** up... No one cares that your balding at your age since most men around that time start balding.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude your f*****g 45. Man the f*** up... No one cares that your balding at your age since most men around that time start balding.
C'mon man you know ot everyone can pull off the shaved head look. And let's be honest here, guys that settled down with marriage and kids at a younger age are overall less worried a out their hair cause they already found their mate. And most of the time, if you have kids and are a responsible, nice guy that stays somewhat fit, your wife isnt gonna leave you. Too much vested at that point. But a single, bald guy that cant pull the shaved head look is rightfully anxious and upset over this. I personally wish I did a better job courting a wife when i still had nice hair because I know from my experiences that i was given the time of day verses now...if you can pull off shaved look that's awesome but remember alot of guys cant and are depressed as f*** like me. Just being real.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Although I dont really want to move nowhere, but I do relate to what you saying - I just cut out all my friends and people I know because I just cant let them see my hairloss progress. Everytime I move between places (finish UNI, start new work, move appartment etc) I just stop being in touch with people, that i dont see on daily basis anymore.
Man, people probably think Im really stuck up a**h** for that....

The problem with this is running into someone you know at the store, etc. It's gotten to the point where I get anxiety, especially if it's in a location where there's direct sunlight or under flourescent lighting. Yes, I know I'm officially insane.

If you don't mind, I'd love to hear the details man.

C'mon man you know ot everyone can pull off the shaved head look. And let's be honest here, guys that settled down with marriage and kids at a younger age are overall less worried a out their hair cause they already found their mate. And most of the time, if you have kids and are a responsible, nice guy that stays somewhat fit, your wife isnt gonna leave you. Too much vested at that point. But a single, bald guy that cant pull the shaved head look is rightfully anxious and upset over this. I personally wish I did a better job courting a wife when i still had nice hair because I know from my experiences that i was given the time of day verses now...if you can pull off shaved look that's awesome but remember alot of guys cant and are depressed as f*** like me. Just being real.

Well said! I think if I were married with kids I wouldn't care as much. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking: old+single+looking good for your age = eccentric dude, but old+single+balding=LOL poor fella

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You might feel insecure about it but no one else cares since it is so common. And I don't really think women of that age care that much either. They care more about financial and emotional stability and a good caring personalitiy instead of having a good head of hair since they know that they can't be picky anymore. So if you are still single at that age you can't just blame it on your shiny dome.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You might feel insecure about it but no one else cares since it is so common. And I don't really think women of that age care so much either. They care more about financial and emotional stability and a good caring personalitiy than balding since they know that they can't be picky anymore. So if you are still single at that age you can't just blame it on your shiny dome.

I agree, and I'll admit I have deeper issues than just hair loss. My brain doesn't seem to be wired right, which is why I can't seem to 'man up' about it. I think the main reason I find moving away appealing is because no one will know about your past.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, and I'll admit I have deeper issues than just hair loss. My brain doesn't seem to be wired right, which is why I can't seem to 'man up' about it. I think the main reason I find moving away appealing is because no one will know about your past.

I understand but what's the percentage of men in your social group that also experience severe hairloss? It must be close to 50%.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand but what's the percentage of men in your social group that also experience severe hairloss? It must be close to 50%.

I think that's the main reason why I'm f*****g depressed about it. Yes, there's alot of bald/balding people out there, but for some reason the majority of guys around me (friends, classmates and relatives) have a full head of hair. For example, I only have 3 male cousins (2 from my dad's side and 1 from my mom's side). The cousin on my mom's side is 3 years older (48) and is pretty much NW0 (he can thank his dad for that). One cousin on my dad's side is also NW0, but he's 7 years younger. The youngest cousin is 30 but he has a full head of hair so far and that's the age where I really started noticing my hair loss. Also, seems like every time I run into a classmate they have a full head of hair. Now that I think about it, that's probably why I have thoughts of moving far away, since I'm the only one balding in my little circle.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that's the main reason why I'm f*****g depressed about it. Yes, there's alot of bald/balding people out there, but for some reason the majority of guys around me (friends, classmates and relatives) have a full head of hair. For example, I only have 3 male cousins (2 from my dad's side and 1 from my mom's side). The cousin on my mom's side is 3 years older (48) and is pretty much NW0 (he can thank his dad for that). One cousin on my dad's side is also NW0, but he's 7 years younger. The youngest cousin is 30 but he has a full head of hair so far and that's the age where I really started noticing my hair loss. Also, seems like every time I run into a classmate they have a full head of hair. Now that I think about it, that's probably why I have thoughts of moving far away, since I'm the only one balding in my little circle.

Wow that's really strange, you're very unlucky. I am 20 years old and talk to 5-7 other dudes that experience hairloss. And most of them have it worse than me.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow that's really strange, you're very unlucky. I am 20 years old and talk to 5-7 other dudes that experience hairloss. And most of them have it worse than me.

LOL exactly, I guess I'm pretty unlucky there. To add insult to injury nobody else around me is single (although I do admit to having unrealistic expectations).

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL exactly, I guess I'm pretty unlucky there. To add insult to injury nobody else around me is single (although I do admit to having unrealistic expectations).

Why not try getting really physically fit since most men your age have a 'dad bod'. That will help you stand out I'd imagine. And it will lessen the impact a bald head has on your looks. But you must be doing a lot of other things wrong if you're still single at that age, so I don't know if that alone will help you in your case.
Well if one of your expectations is finding a childless women I would just give up. That wont happen.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not try getting really physically fit since most men your age have a 'dad bod'. That will help you stand out I'd imagine. And it will lessen the impact a bald head has on your looks. But you must be doing a lot of other things wrong if you're still single at that age, so I don't know if that alone will help you in your case.
Well if one of your expectations is finding a childless women I would just give up. That wont happen.

I do go to the gym, although I'm still skinny (6'1" 170 lbs.). Some people are suprised when I tell them I'm only 170 lbs. At least I'm lean and not obese. No girls approach or hit on me so I've come to accept the fact that I must truly be ugly and repulsive, and it's probably not just from the hairloss. Now you're probably starting to realize why I have the urge to run away and go hermit mode. Sounds extreme but it's a better option than suicide I guess.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
You might feel insecure about it but no one else cares since it is so common. And I don't really think women of that age care that much either. They care more about financial and emotional stability and a good caring personalitiy instead of having a good head of hair since they know that they can't be picky anymore. So if you are still single at that age you can't just blame it on your shiny dome.
I disagree my man. I think it depends on what else you have to offer. I know plenty of bald dudes that die well with women at my age buuuut they have nice builds, tall, and money. So if you are blessed with those traits, then yes, women can look past the balding. But if you werent given those tools to work with, your screwed.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do go to the gym, although I'm still skinny (6'1" 170 lbs.). Some people are suprised when I tell them I'm only 170 lbs. At least I'm lean and not obese. No girls approach or hit on me so I've come to accept the fact that I must truly be ugly and repulsive, and it's probably not just from the hairloss. Now you're probably starting to realize why I have the urge to run away and go hermit mode. Sounds extreme but it's a better option than suicide I guess.

>90% of men don't get approached by women. No offence but I think that you might have some mild mental problems for lack of better words because I can't see any other reason why someone tall, lean and probably not fugly is still single after all those years. It ain't your looks.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I disagree my man. I think it depends on what else you have to offer. I know plenty of bald dudes that die well with women at my age buuuut they have nice builds, tall, and money. So if you are blessed with those traits, then yes, women can look past the balding. But if you werent given those tools to work with, your screwed.

That is true when your still 20's/30's but I don't think most 40+ women are still that shallow. Because all the attractive 40+ men are either married or date women younger than themselves so 40+ women have to settle. But I am talking about getting into relationship, hooking up is a entirely different story.