Anyone else suffer from dizziness when using Rogaine?

JonnyX

Reaction score
I started minoxidil about 6 years ago and went through the same thing and still ocassionally do. I am an avid gym rat and run about 4 miles every other day. I started getting dizzy spells and skipped heart beats a couple years ago (has stopped since) and it really freaked me out. I never really related it to the minoxidil so I just went to my dr. for peace of mind. You should probably do the same. It is better to be safe than sorry.

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
My guess: Blood supply to the scalp is stimulated by exercise => increased absorption and systemic effects particularly if the scalp is damp from shower/sweat. Also, blood pressure can drop in some individuals after exercise if you over do it which would aggravate the effect.

My suggestion, apply minoxidil to a dry scalp away from exertion. And if you ever get puffy face, don't apply it right before going to bed as that makes fluid more likely to collect.

Dashtoronto

Established Member
Reaction score
Same here.

I dont measure how much minoxidil to put on because its almost impossible to do so.

I just pour into the bottle's cap and apply.

I feel the same: lightheaded/dizzy and feel wierd/bad after applying it.

Sometimes I too screw up and apply more than i should by accident so thats a possible cause also.

It used to be alot worse before. But now its not so bad. My heart used to start racing. but not anymore.

funtimestinto

Reaction score
Hey,

Most of the time I apply a capfull of the foam at a time, is this way to much ??
I have to use it on hair line top of head and crown.

Fun

Danceunity

Reaction score
This is my story:

I'm usin Kirkland 5% for 3 months.

Everything OK, there are some results, hair is stronger, slight regrowth but now for a few days I feel dizziness. Like I'm a little bit drunk. I don't know if minoxidil is causing this or something else? Last 3 months I use it 2 times daily, 1ml.

In this 3 months i didn't feel any simptoms.

Now, for last days I feel dizziness. And it is still present. Tomorrow morning I will visit my doctor and take a blood picture. My pressure is usually 140/90 and it was also on saturday (yesterday). Maybe it's some other problem? I think I felt it few years ago on summer before i use minoxidil.

What do you think? How lonk you feel diziness? And when? Immidiately after applying minoxidil or a whole day?

metalheaddude

Reaction score
The diziness lasts 20 minutes to an hour in my experience.

I only experience the dizziness after applying the roagine after a work out which I no longer do.

It absorbs into the blood stream much to fast as the blood vessels would already be fully open due to the workout. Using rogaine at this time can cause extreme diziness possibly even death (thats how bad I felt).

Danceunity

Reaction score
someone mentioned that stress on work in combinatiom with minoxidil can cause dizziness, rapid heartbeat and other? 3 months of using and everything ok. Now on summer problems. I dont use it last 5 days but still feeling weird.

Ryanrich

My Regimen
Reaction score
It has been 10 years since the last comment. I've been feeling the same side effects. Its like vertigo symptoms but the pain and dizziness won't go away any tips anyone? How are you guys now any progress with minoxidil?

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
It has been 10 years since the last comment. I've been feeling the same side effects. Its like vertigo symptoms but the pain and dizziness won't go away any tips anyone? How are you guys now any progress with minoxidil?
I had the same symptoms, they started more or less at once but faded out after 4-6 weeks.

i would go to a doctor if they last more than 8 weeks :)

Ryanrich

My Regimen
Reaction score
San
I had the same symptoms, they started more or less at once but faded out after 4-6 weeks.

i would go to a doctor if they last more than 8 weeks :)

Oh okay thanks for the info :D . I plan to stop it for a week. Because the side effects wont go away 3 days straight its kinda difficult to do stuff with dizziness always occuring. If this still persists like you said i will be going to my doctor.

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
San

Oh okay thanks for the info :D . I plan to stop it for a week. Because the side effects wont go away 3 days straight its kinda difficult to do stuff with dizziness always occuring. If this still persists like you said i will be going to my doctor.
might be better to ride out the storm, alternatively start with a minoxidil with lower strength.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same i plan to stop or try 5% if i don't feel the dizziness. The vertigo feeling is getting worst. Whenever i move in a different position like from sitting down to lying down, its like my surrounding is tilting.

I tried the 2% and 5% but both same effect. Even a small amount goes in my system. Its not in my head because i am not somebody who worries. I think it has something to do with my potassium levels or something.

Hahasu87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I applied minoxidil 5 % on my face for 3 days straight (just 0.5 ml). But have been dizzy and lightheaded from day 4. I discontinued immediately. But now after 10 days of stopping, I'm still dizzy and lightheaded for most of the day. Can someone tell me how long it takes for the side effects to go away? My BP was slightly low after stopping, but its normal now.
Your inputs is highly appreciated!

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I applied minoxidil 5 % on my face for 3 days straight (just 0.5 ml). But have been dizzy and lightheaded from day 4. I discontinued immediately. But now after 10 days of stopping, I'm still dizzy and lightheaded for most of the day. Can someone tell me how long it takes for the side effects to go away? My BP was slightly low after stopping, but its normal now.
Your inputs is highly appreciated!

It took me around 2 weeks. Drink lots of water and eat healthy. Like i said before. I almost passed out so something didnt go well for me. Maybe a high absortion because i have it with allot of stuff. I can taste it when i put the stuff on my head.

Hahasu87

My Regimen
Reaction score
It took me around 2 weeks. Drink lots of water and eat healthy. Like i said before. I almost passed out so something didnt go well for me. Maybe a high absortion because i have it with allot of stuff. I can taste it when i put the stuff on my head.

Thanks! I'm on my 10th day since stopping. Hope it would go away in a few more days. I've read in some other forums that it could even take 3 weeks to a month! Hope it doesn't take that long.
I've already visited my Doctor, who has put me on anti vertigo meds and asked me to wait it out, as there seems to be nothing else wrong with me.

spartan127

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so I am feeling the same things, light headed, dizziness, more sleepy than usual, and I found a word that describes the feeling "malaise". I never suspected was the minoxidil until I came online looking for my symptoms. Even trough I didn't suspect minoxidil was to blame, I was FREAKING OUT so I simply stop taking anything not natural in my life. Its been 3 or 4 days since I last use it and the symptoms persist sometimes during the day I feel better, but it comes and goes. Guys reading all the side effect minoxidil and finasteride can provide, I think is best to be bold and healthy. I myself will never use anything more powerful than a shampoo, nothing that makes you fell like this is good for you and getting your body use to it is no solution either. I will write an update when I feel better.

Last edited:

longhair1983

Established Member
Reaction score
I do believe different people have different sensitivity to minoxidil. I used super high strength minoxidil for a few years. Never had any issue.

I use Rogaine foam on both my crown and hairline and I usually apply it 1 hr after I shower from having a 6 mile jog. Most of the time its ok, but on occasion (im not sure what causes this) but i assume its because my blood pressure has dropped really low due to the Minoxdil and I feel like fainting and have to lie down. The other night i felt so bad, felt like i was gonna die. I think maybe i applied it to soon after my jog and the veins were still kinda popping in my head from the run (the pump) and perhaps applying the Roagine on the hairline is a bad idea at this time as the intake of the drug is increased? I dont know just a theory.

Anyone else suffer from dizziness on foam?