Anyone Else Scared They Will Be Single Forever?

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm probably thinking this because my girlfriend just broke up with me because I'm moving abroad for a year but does anyone else get terrified that they will be single for the rest of their lives?

Because I've been single and I've been in relationships and I know for sure that's its easier to be happier and content when you can share you life with someone else.

I'm feeling sceptical about ever settling down. I'm very picky with who I can date because I don't like most people and only like to hang out with intelligent people. This alone is a problem because a large proportion of people aren't into politics, literature, philosophy etc. so that reduces the dating market significantly.

Then If I add the fact that I work abroad and don't earn that much money then my market value is reduced even more.

It seems a lot easier to find someone to spend a night with then it is to find someone to spend a lifetime with.

Anyone else feel they are facing impending and eternal singledom?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes

I fluctuate between not caring and feeling sad about it

However I'm thankful I've enjoyed the affection of women I'm attracted to and likely will again at some point. Others here are not so fortunate to even have that experience

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I feel I might be single forever. Call me weird or whatever but now that I'm not a virgin I don't really care about meaningless sex. I like the validation and of course enjoy cumming inside them but my main aim is to get a gf. It's quite difficult though. Made even more difficult when I don't ever want children.

Would just love to get a skinny girl that has a similar personality to my guy mates.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I feel I might be single forever. Call me weird or whatever but now that I'm not a virgin I don't really care about meaningless sex. I like the validation and of course enjoy cumming inside them but my main aim is to get a gf. It's quite difficult though. Made even more difficult when I don't ever want children.

Would just love to get a skinny girl that has a similar personality to my guy mates.
Yeah, me too.

I've just realised that nearly all the posters who are on here everyday is single!

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, me too.

I've just realised that nearly all the posters who are on here everyday is single!

I'm going to travel around south america for a year in a few weeks, will no longer be a regular here then. Just working away and saving now so f*** all else to be doing.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to travel around south america for a year in a few weeks, will no longer be a regular here then. Just working away and saving now so f*** all else to be doing.
Yes, that's bloody amazing!

I've always wanted to do that myself. I think if you aren't gonna be a slayer then you may as well live an interesting life outside the realms of meeting women.

Which countries are you going to?

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, that's bloody amazing!

I've always wanted to do that myself. I think if you aren't gonna be a slayer then you may as well live an interesting life outside the realms of meeting women.

Which countries are you going to?

As many as possible. Columbia, Peru, Brazil, Chile and Venezuela for sure. Will have to find work though, we don't have enough saved to just travel. There are many places where you can work for accom/food, which would be great. I'm weird in that I don't mind sh*t work. Wish I had a tefl cert for teaching english though, would make things easier, my friend who is going has one.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
As many as possible. Columbia, Peru, Brazil, Chile and Venezuela for sure. Will have to find work though, we don't have enough saved to just travel. There are many places where you can work for accom/food, which would be great. I'm weird in that I don't mind sh*t work. Wish I had a tefl cert for teaching english though, would make things easier, my friend who is going has one.
Tefl is awful down there as there isn't a high demand to learn. But if you wanted to do it then as long as you have a degree you can do a one month online tefl course and find work in asia with ease.

btw check this site out - a lot of the work offers food and accommodation for 6 hrs of labour per day. I did it years and years ago and the site is legit: https://www.workaway.info/hostlist-AR.html

resu

Reaction score
I always get really strong anxiety thinking that for months after breaking up, in one way it's great not feeling that but having a gf is the best experience anyone can have, at least for the first months then I can't wait to be single again. Either way I just accepted the way things are but from time to time specially during spring, summer till autumn it wreaks my mind to see couples having fun and going out, specially at night and here I am suffering from the heat sweating and being annoyed by everything alone, it's really devastating.

Last edited:

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Usually I only have one or two - every so often I will let loose and go wild.

passed_out_drunk-12730.gif

shookwun

Reaction score
No. Simply based on the fact that when I put in the effort I have had multiple arrangements of women in my life. That reassurance alone gives me enough satisfaction that when I go back on the dating market I wont have trouble meeting women. Problem for me stems from the ability to have a successful relationship, as I lack the life structure, and cognitive ability to have a fulfilling (healthy) relationship.

My issues are more along the lines of fixing my anxiety, habits, and life style. When I feel low about my self it rely decimates my ability to be myself as I cradle up, choke and become empty in thought.

Last edited: