Anyone Else Realised Sideburns Make Us Look Shitty?

LastSamurai

Established Member
Reaction score
I had this realisation that its the sideburns that make the recession look terrible.

When the side burns grow out, then you get the sort of 'S' shape on the side of your head. It's where the lower part of the sideburns grow out, and and make the forehead look bulbous and accentuated, as it has the effect 'f 'pushing' the forehead out.

The key for men who are receeding is (if you are still at low diffuse period) to have very short sides, but in particular short low sides. its the lower sideburns that make us extremely ugly.

I always notice when I get shaved that (when its a good haircutter and not some uncaring b**ch from soviet empire like last time) it looks much less obvious and I just look healthier, better, more attractive.

In particular, i think a 'bald cut' like very low grade sides, and then keep some length/volume up top is the best way.

Some real life examples. Not maybe the most handsome guys but a random collection:

Short-Hairstyles-for-Men-with-Receding-Hairlines.jpg

th?id=OIP.jpg

short-fade-defined-part-haircuts-for-balding-men.jpg

faded-faux-hawk-haircut.jpg

looks way better ! Sideburns are ugly

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you believe I had a girlfriend who thought sideburns were the hottest thing in the world?
Then again the people who had sideburns did not have recession so that is another side to the story.
Then again: any look, or fashion, has a different meaning if you are a full head or not.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I always tell the barber to shave the sides of my head in a low fade and keep a heavy stubble. Best look for a grown (white) man, in my opinion.