anyone else here forever alone?

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
man why dont you get a wig like enrique has? or make a scalp pigmentation? make something for yourself, no matter what, but just to make you look better! don't listen to others! just make your own way...take a looks at this thread...somewhere there are pictures on photobucker at the end of the first post...
http://www.network54.com/Forum/6789...st+time+experience+and+products+guide+w-+pics

i personally find this guy as a good looking man with hair...maybe it will inspire you and you can move on with life.

- - - Updated - - -

also ...try to get rid of this forum...or try to visit it 1 time per week for example...and go outside, make jokes with friends, find a job where you can wear a hat...otherwise you will end up in massive depression with suicidal thoughts! been there, done that! good luck !

AScannerDarkly

Reaction score
hey dude, i feel where you're coming from. my loss is in the same pattern as yours but probably destined to be worse since my dad has DUPA and i notice my sides are thinning out too. my hair started to thin probably around 14-15 when I noticed it got very oily if i didn't wash it for 2 days and i no longer had the same thickness as before, and by 18 i was around an nw2-3 with diffused thinning on top. i guess i was lucky (i really dont want to call it that..) because in high school besides the odd comments it wasnt too noticeable until the end of senior year and i rocked the long hair + fitted caps, so i was pretty outgoing and social with girls even though i hated how insecure I felt. I had it worse in life because before my loss became too noticeable i already had an anxiety disorder and bi-polar with mild psychosis. The last year of highschool was ironically my best year because even though i was diffusing pretty badly and a shy guy I still managed to attract a lot of pretty good looking girls without much effort because of the style i had and that i was a good looking guy with long hair. Also, I smoked a lot of pot daily. Believe me that really helps when you're feeling down or just want to escape thinking about life and how ****ty it is.

Fast forward the next few years til 21, my hair continued to thin out despite the medication im taking for it, I spent my entire first year at uni wearing hats every day and being constantly drunk/stoned, I failed my 2nd year and dropped out of uni, gave up on all the academic aspirations I had (I was a 'gifted' student in school, read a lot, randomly given an award for the most "creativity" in my grade lol), worked full time in a crappy job for a year, continued to buy & smoke huge amounts of pot which got me in trouble with law enforcement a few times, spent a lot of time locked up in my room on drugs and grew apart from a lot of friends who I watched move forward with their lives while I went nowhere. I could no longer wear my hair long at 19 and I have a naturally high hairline which I always covered up with my bangs. I'm back in university now at 21 but my hair is diffused in a noticeable nw5, i have to wear lots of concealer and wear my hair short which i hate since it doesnt suit me at all (other people even told me to NEVER cut my hair short in highschool :/), i feel like there's no point in trying or coming to classes so i'll probably drop out again. Havent had a GF or been sexually active since I was 17, my physical and mental health pretty much deteriorated over these last 4 years. I fell so far behind in life, I dont see a point in trying anymore. Considered suicide from the age of 13 onwards, but back then I thought that despite my problems I was smart and had a lot of good friends so I could manage to succeed anyway, but the hair loss brought me back to reality. I think some of us are genuinely meant to suffer through life no matter what we do and its beyond our control to change it.

I look around here and see a lot of people in similar or worse situations than mine (such as OP) and I feel a lot of empathy for you. Really out of everything I've gone through hair loss is by far the worst thing I've ever had to deal with and it destroyed me. Literally when I was 12-14 I was so thankful that for every miserable thing life threw at me I thought I got my mothers hair genes and I'd never look like my dad, which was a nightmare come true. I never had the experiences, appearance or confidence in myself I wanted, ever. I'd like to know what you guys find in life that pushes you to keep going because I feel like it was a mistake to not off myself after highschool or first year uni because thats when I feel my life basically ended. I can't envision myself living bald, single and with my parents at the age of 25 after an unfulfilled life that could've had so much promise. I'm not religious, but if I was I'd think this was gods way of letting me know I dont belong here and my time was up a long time ago. From a biological point of view, I think people with undesirable characteristics (such as my dad, and his mother who have DUPA and the *only* baldness in my entire family, as well as other problems..) should not reproduce or contribute to the gene pool, ever. I know I'm going to do my part. It just would've been so much easier if I'd never been born, everything I had going for me was pretty much taken away when these horrible genetics have been unfairly passed on to me. I don't think it will even matter if there was a cure in the next ~10 years, too much irreparable damage has been done already. I just harbor more and more resentment and hatred every day it's driving me crazy. My mom is such a beautiful person why'd she have to **** it up and marry my dad out of all people. I had my own troubles without genetics taking a **** on my life.

Change "forever alone" to "refuse to live this existence" and I'd agree. No one deserves to suffer this disease in their teens/20s. I'm glad I'm not alone and can relate on here and see others that are fighting the battle and moving along with their lives but it saddens me that this disease is robbing peoples youth and happiness. I've only known a few friends who had their hair loss worse than mine (more premature/more aggressive, or just didn't try to conceal it as i did) and I've witnessed their quality of lives deteriorate as well. It's painful to watch, seeing girls rip on them sometimes, listening to talks of suicide, and undeserving to anyone. I wasn't going to post a rant (I just lurk here every once in a while lol, i dont really ever post or hang out here) but OP struck a chord so I decided to share my suffering. I hope you manage to change your life around (look into a hairpiece if youre just thinning on top and really bothered by it, you can find good ones for 200-300 online and depending on the base they can last 2-6 months and give u way better density than any transplant could, maintenance isnt too hard either just find a good stylist who you trust). I don't advocate suicide to anyone, you should exhaust all your possible options before giving up on a normal and happy life.

tl;dr: hairloss sucks

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
man why dont you get a wig like enrique has? or make a scalp pigmentation? make something for yourself, no matter what, but just to make you look better! don't listen to others! just make your own way...take a looks at this thread...somewhere there are pictures on photobucker at the end of the first post...
http://www.network54.com/Forum/6789...st+time+experience+and+products+guide+w-+pics

i personally find this guy as a good looking man with hair...maybe it will inspire you and you can move on with life.

- - - Updated - - -

also ...try to get rid of this forum...or try to visit it 1 time per week for example...and go outside, make jokes with friends, find a job where you can wear a hat...otherwise you will end up in massive depression with suicidal thoughts! been there, done that! good luck !
naw its not too noticeable right now with a shaved head on number 1 guard, im taking finasteride and rogaine and its halted for this entire year, with some moderate regrowth.

i dont really think id wear a hair system, idk tho, im on the fence about it. i wud be too paranoid but if its my last option i MIGHT wear one. i wud prefer the scalp pigmentation or even a high density hair transplant to the front with a hair system for the crown only

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
theres very little i miss about being in a relationship, i cant think of anything off the top of my head

that's because you've got nothing on the top of your head! :jump: (sorry)

do you not miss the companionship? I've never been in a relationship and I feel so alone

- - - Updated - - -

Very true. Although to be honest, hair loss is not the major reason for my predicament (I dont want to get into the other reasons).
I would love to have a nice (not talking about just pretty) GF, but at my age, how many nice ones are left? Compound that with hair loss, crappy aesthetics, and other reasons, my dating level would be crap. If so, why bother? I have some standards.

I'm not as pessimistic. I think that women in their 30s are more likely to want a stable, nice guy who can provide, whereas women in their 20s only want to date the good looking, popular, rich guy, because they are not as mature.

So there are women out there who'll want you at your age - you're unlikely to get a supermodel, but she doesn't have to be munter either, so don't give up hope

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
No I wasent "feeling down" it was before I came here, I was super positive and friendly you wont lie about how i was just so you can deny that looks don't matter

I came all depressed to this forum AFTER I got constantly rejected, AFTER I was "funny" "positive" and all that

You know what AFTER means?

I also was delusional back then, thinking my receding hair don't matter

Get real, woman dont care about you if your ugly, thats the ABC of attraction

I ALLREADY passed the stage your in right now[/QUOTE]

Yes i understand what after means...when i said what i said i didnt mean this is what DEF happened its what i THINK happened i cant know for sure what actually happened can i? smartass.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
He lies and changes his story so much it's hard to keep up. Any insult from this guy is actually a compliment :)

DannyBoyy

Reaction score

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As is mine. He no doubt i hoping that will be a rallying call for his puahate brothers. Seems strange he hasn't mentioned his woman on there don't you think? After things have been so bad, you'd expect him to be shouting it from the rooftops...

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When he's been shown to be a pathological liar, it's interesting to see the character he portrays here as opposed to elsewhere. And no not all the time lmao, but don't tell him that he might get sloppier ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Plus seeing as that's where he like to refer us to, in order to back up certain claims of his like the "dead over 30" one, then surely it's fair game?

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I can't believe anyone would admit they spend money on consulting pickup artists. That's like admitting you're desperate, ugly and gullible at the same time

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Almost 26:

never had a girlfriend
never kissed
never touched(well intimately)

No friends except online contacts.

It is really hard to start at my age. I think at 19 you are really on a privileged position compared to us older folk.

You may think that at 19 your inexperience with women is something to be ashamed of, that almost every one has done it except you, but the reality is a lot of guys are at your level girlwise. I know that it is hard to think that way, I was ashamed of it at your age, but really act now. It gets much worse later and you will feel anger knowing how many options you had at 19.

Right now I am crippled so can't do much but once I heal up I will try everything to get out of this mental state including drugs and hookers to gain knowledge of female body(I hated that idea before, because your first time should be something special, but now I think that I overanalyse to much and am too much of a good guy that is afraid of getting dirty and that will hamper a man greatly).

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
How did you get crippled???

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Accident, broken leg.

BTW CaptainForehead don't you just hate it when people who are not FA call themselves like that because it is trendy and they want others to pity them. It really pisses me off when a guy calls himself FA because he had no gf for a year or so(but had in the past) or even more ridiculous when a woman claims she is FA because there is no guy meeting her standards at the horizon