Anyone else have chest pain when starting Finasteride?

Hash1975

Reaction score
Just started taking finasteride a week ago. I'm taking 0.50 mgs for now based on my doctors recommendation and was going to increase to the full 1 mg in 2 weeks. I haven't noticed any loss in libido or ED issues but I have been having chest pains for the last 3 days. No puffy or itchy nipples which is what I was expecting but a dull chest ache. The pain is mostly around the sides and in the sternum.

Did anyone experience this with finasteride? Is this something that goes away or should I reduce my dose further and see what happens?

Any advice or input appreciated.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get it from time to time, but I honestly think it's from something else and not the finasteride.

nicefella

Established Member
Reaction score
I got it from RU as well. On finasteride now but I feel like I get it from time to time as well.

tins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just started taking finasteride a week ago. I'm taking 0.50 mgs for now based on my doctors recommendation and was going to increase to the full 1 mg in 2 weeks. I haven't noticed any loss in libido or ED issues but I have been having chest pains for the last 3 days. No puffy or itchy nipples which is what I was expecting but a dull chest ache. The pain is mostly around the sides and in the sternum.

Did anyone experience this with finasteride? Is this something that goes away or should I reduce my dose further and see what happens?

Any advice or input appreciated.
Did this pass at all? I'm experiencing the exact same thing and ready to quit at day 10.

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did this pass at all? I'm experiencing the exact same thing and ready to quit at day 10.
Apply yourself accordingly, the chest pains should cease 3-4 weeks. If complications are unbearable; discontinue immediately.

tins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Apply yourself accordingly, the chest pains should cease 3-4 weeks. If complications are unbearable; discontinue immediately.
I'm just worried about this developing in to gyno, although there isn't any tenderness or sensation in the nipples yet.