Anyone else Hate Down lights

Emu

Established Member
Reaction score
So I moved into a new apartment with my girlfriend and first thing I noticed was the amount of down lights.Im not joking every room bedroom,hallway,lounge.To make matters worse the bathroom has two extremely bright version of down light so I look completely bald under these lights.has anyone else had this problem?If you happen to stand under these lights thin hair disappears and then you step away from the lighting and your looks normal again..Thanks guys I had to vent.

viet nom nom

Established Member
Reaction score
Hate that. Hate it. Its even worse in these days of fluorescent and LED lighting.

It feels like you gotta work overtime to keep mufkers eye contact engaged.

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, they are kind of nasty. For me, they make my full coverage look like I have a thinning spot around the cowlick area. I try not to think about it too much because some of it is in my head for sure - even the non-balding people's hair looks different under such lighting, just natural.

Also, being 6'2 tall helps so that a thin spot (that doesn't even exist in normal lighting) is not exposed so well because most people don't see the top of my head. I try to be grateful about the hair that I do have and the sh1tton of regrowth I've gotten, as opposed to being unhappy about not having a flawless pre-puberty NWminusone. :p

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, i agree. That's the reason i like to keep my hair buzzed.
Anyway, i always thought that mirrors under harsh lights shows your hair worse than it really is seen with the naked eye by the others.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, i agree. That's the reason i like to keep my hair buzzed.
Anyway, i always thought that mirrors under harsh lights shows your hair worse than it really is seen with the naked eye by the others.
That is what I have read.

massa

Banned
Reaction score
My bathroom is the brightest lights ever I swear to god it not only shows thin wispy hair and scalp but every blotch blemish and wrinkle and im 24! Applyng anything wet depresses me beyond belief in there. When im in a dim room I still see the guy in the mirror I should still look like. Supermarkets tend to have the same annoying bright lights to them I hate going there. and when you go outside its either sun (brightness shows see through scalp) or wind and rain (worst weather for thinning hair). I need to find somewhere to live where it doesn't rain but is overcast lol.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
That' why buzzing your hair liberates you...Yes, maybe longer hair, after.., a lot of maintenance and styling(mostly hiding) looks better, but, with what cost? Is is worth it?

- - - Updated - - -

That' why buzzing your hair liberates you...Yes, maybe longer hair, after.., a lot of maintenance and styling(mostly hiding) looks better, but, with what cost? Is is worth it?

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
**** yes. all through my diffusing years i hated lights and became almost obsessed with them, being aware of it 24/7 and how the light makes my hair look

now that i'm fully bald i see that ****ing shine if the light is bright and i havent washed (or have, idk exactly). its ****ty to see

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I try to grow my hair out now that I almost got the full coverage of my hair transplant, and 9 times out of 10, outdoors, indoors, it looks great.

Then I see myself in a mirror under these harsh lights and it looks like crap again. They're the reason I sometimes shave my head again out of the blue.

Hey fred how soon after your procedure were you able to safely shave your head? Ive been doing some reading online and website say wait CRAZY amounts of time before using clippers.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
**** yes. all through my diffusing years i hated lights and became almost obsessed with them, being aware of it 24/7 and how the light makes my hair look

now that i'm fully bald i see that ****ing shine if the light is bright and i havent washed (or have, idk exactly). its ****ty to see
Yes, but there are products to remove the shine.

emex4

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude I completely know where you are coming from. Ive had awful bathroom lighting in some apartments/suites that made my hair look terrible. I know its hard but you have to realize that you are the only one who sees your hair like this. Nobody else even notices or gives a f*ck. Unless its another man with male pattern baldness, then you know for sure he is judging you hahaha. But really, who cares... Its all about what the ladies see.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude I completely know where you are coming from. Ive had awful bathroom lighting in some apartments/suites that made my hair look terrible. I know its hard but you have to realize that you are the only one who sees your hair like this. Nobody else even notices or gives a f*ck. Unless its another man with male pattern baldness, then you know for sure he is judging you hahaha. But really, who cares... Its all about what the ladies see.

wat the ladies see . . . girls my age see me looking more like their father than a guy their age lol

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
wat the ladies see . . . girls my age see me looking more like their father than a guy their age lol

Some girls prefer guys that look like men, not boys.

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i cant agree more

why would anyone have such bright lights in their bathroom

i used to have those, so i used to shower in the dark

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Some girls prefer guys that look like men, not boys.
Yes, as long as those men are full heads, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Once you cross the point of no return, any light no matter how dim or bright becomes...unflattering. I prefer upward facing light from below, that way it always looks like your telling a ghost story.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

Once you cross the point of no return, any light no matter how dim or bright becomes...unflattering. I prefer upward facing light from below, that way it always looks like your telling a ghost story.

:)

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
Bald = looking like a real man? Why? Because it's ugly and scary? And that's supposed to attract women? I'll never get this.

Not all bald men are ugly and "scary". Why scary? It's a bit too much.
And yes, there are women that find bald men very sexy. Not EVERY women, of course, but there are.
We shouldn't even struggle to "get this", because women's standards of sexiness/attraction are not easy to undrestand by us, men. We can't judge a dude to say if he's sexy ro attractive, as long as we're straight guys, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

IF your head is buzzed/sheaved, then the lighting problem is non-existant.
Actually, my buzzed hair(with 1 or 2) looks BETTER in strong light than in poor light.

- - - Updated - - -

Nooo. Your face is young, you can't look like their father.