anyone else got this type of male pattern baldness?

crisis

Reaction score
hi, im curious if anyone else on here has the same type of male pattern baldness as i do. it seems quite unusual to me and is really quite depressing.

basically ive lost alot of hair from around my ears. ive got a ring of skin right around each ear and my side burns have basically all fallen out. i have diffuse thinning everywhere else on my head.

my hair is very long at the moment but when i get it cut in the summer its going to be really obvious and look terrible. ive never seen anyone with this type of hair loss. its particularly bad as means shaving my head really short is not an option.

anyone come across this before?

2young

Reaction score
From what you say, I don't think you have male pattern baldness. Hairloss from male pattern baldness is located in the temporal, frontal, and vertex regions.
headmap.gif

Hairloss in other areas is usually due to some other cause, like alopecia areata, tellogen effluvium, thyroid disorders, etc. If you haven't done it, I'd get to a Dr. ASAP to determine what the cause of your hairloss is for certain.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I second everything that 2young has said ESPECIALLY the part about seeing a Doctor asap!

VWdude

Reaction score
I've seen this before, but this type of thining is very rare. instead of having the horse shoe pattern, its actually a reverse pattern. where you loose hair around the sides and the back but keep your hair on top.
but i doubt you have this type of pattern.