Anyone else feel this way about hats?

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I love hats too dietcola.

What kind of hats u got in ur collection?

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ginald said:
roki said:
UK78 said:
ginald said:
the handy rule of thumb is:

hats should be worn outside and when a man goes indoors, the hat should be removed.

it is considered bad manners in polite society to do otherwise.

Oh yea.. I think I remember my grandad telling me about that one. :p
ginald might be as old as your grandad and he might have less hair the him but he still has a point

i'm probably older than your grandad. :lol:

and i'm damn sure i've got less hair than him. :!:

Hehe.. I thought you were a lot younger for some reason, wasn't being rude, I think manners are very important too but I love my hat. :)

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blaze said:
I love hats too dietcola.

What kind of hats u got in ur collection?

i've got at least a dozen skate brand hats like DC, Forum, Special Blend, Etnies, Red Dragon...as well as a few NY nats. nice thing about having lots of hats is you can always switch em up and they stay looking new since you aren't wearing the same one all the time.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For the most part I don't wear hats but if my hair looks awful (and has nothing to do with going bald---its just a style point) then I'm definetely putting a hat.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I used to wear hats all the time before I had male pattern baldness, because I thought they looked cool. Also, I didn't worry about my hair being messed up and it affecting how I looked, with a hat you look pretty much the same all day long regardless.

Then I got male pattern baldness amd got a bald spot real quick, so I kept wearing a hat. To cover it up. But when I'd take it off, it looked really bad because I couldn't be sure my hair was combed over my bald spot. So I stopped wearing one.

Then I shaved my head because I got sick and tired of doing a comb over and wore a hat again, because I looked terrible with a bald head. But at least when I took it off I didn't have to worry about a bald spot above my temple glaring out.

Then I used propecia and didn't wear a hat, because I could comb my hair in a way it wasn't really bad looking, but it wasn't a comb over type of thing.

My hair is pretty good now, because of hair transplants and whatever else I've done that may have helped my hair situation, but I don't wear a hat now because I still have to style it to make the hair loss less noticable. When my hiar is perfect I'll probably go back to wearing a hat sometimes, because I think it looks good on me, and it's easy. I don't particularly like styling my hair, even if it does look good that way. Of course everything depends on the hat, and most hats look dumb on me, and make me look worse. I believe a few have made me look better, and when I have worn hats in the past that I thought did do that, I got some props for them.

I'm looking forward to at least going hat shopping. :)

hairfin

Established Member
Reaction score
its amazing how we all think alike

im exactly like you, ive been wearign beenie hate and caps for ages (maybe its why im going bald!!) but now, if i wear it people assume i, hiding my balding head, i just dont know what to do

IBM

Reaction score
Seinfeld joked (on Seinfeld show) about a guy that was wearing a hat at a restaurant. He said "It must be a transplant". Then Elaine looked at the guy and said: "Definitely is a transplant".