Anyone Else Feel Guilty For Wanting To Have Kids In Future?

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im sure a lot of you guys here want to have kids or already have young kids. My question is, for those of you with early nw6-nw7 genetics do you ever feel guilty knowing that you could possibly f*** up your sons life before he is even born?

Like for me in my family almost every male is a nw6-nw7 before 25 including myself most likely and im pretty sure that if I have a son he would follow the same path and um wondering how some fathers are able to do it without feeling guilty.

Obviously there are more important things in life and things could always be much worse but im just curious on what you guys think of this.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I feel guilty honestly for failing to pass on my genetics.

I dont know whats worse, failing to pass on your genetics, or have kids that have to suffer with your bad genetics. fuk

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Find a girl who have no balding brother(if any)/ non aggressive balding father and that's enough to save your kid from premature baldness in next generation.

The only way to cure from Early Onset Hairloss by genetic selection currently.

(Sorry for being superficial.)

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Find a girl who have no balding brother(if any)/ non aggressive balding father and that's enough to save your kid from premature baldness in next generation.

The only way to cure from Early Onset Hairloss by genetic selection currently.

(Sorry for being superficial.)

LOL. My moms has 4 brothers with nw1 in their 40s and 50s. Her dad died in his late 60s with a thick NW1 with very minor receded temples.

My dad and his dad his dad and all his brothers are nw6-7 before 25 years old.

Yet here I am on these forums at 21 with a diffuse nw6.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that look at your mother’s side thing is an old wive’s tale.

Balding is recessive so it might skip a generation and ur boy is safe, or you might get a girl. Still a big risk though, I know how you feel.

There’s also the perspective, that they might have come up with better maintenance treatments 25 years from now.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Never gave it a thought. Even though I freaked out at 17 seeing those early changes, I didn't worry much about losing it. My hairloss was slow, steady receding of the hairline until late 50s when crown opened up. But from being on this forum, it's evident guys are much more impacted by hairloss at every stage then my generation was. I got married at 30 and there is no doubt my wife knew she was marrying a potential alopecia victim. However, by some strange quirk of fate and genetics, we had three kids, two boys, one girl and both boys, now in their thirties, have zero evidence of hairloss. Every male on my side was bald, wife's side almost none. At some point you have to just say "f*** it" and go for it, whatever it may be. You only live once.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
LOL. My moms has 4 brothers with nw1 in their 40s and 50s. Her dad died in his late 60s with a thick NW1 with very minor receded temples.

My dad and his dad his dad and all his brothers are nw6-7 before 25 years old.

Yet here I am on these forums at 21 with a diffuse nw6.

Are you really honest with your stand on uncles?
Don't tell me you are diffuse this and that.
What is your actual norwood status right now?
Can I see your pic?
There is no point in your claim if you are going to get nw6 @ after 30.

Most of the guys I know who have bald father are not balding even at age 35,just because their maternal uncle are not/mildly affected by balding.
Balding father is reason for baldness of child,but it's not as severe as a combination of baldness from two sides.(from mom and dad's side.)

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you really honest with your stand on uncles?
Don't tell me you are diffuse this and that.
What is your actual norwood status right now?
Can I see your pic?
There is no point in your claim if you are going to get nw6 @ after 30.

Most of the guys I know who have bald father are not balding even at age 35,just because their maternal uncle are not/mildly affected by balding.
Balding father is reason for baldness of child,but it's not as severe as a combination of baldness from two sides.(from mom and dad's side.)

Im nw1 in terms of hairline but diffusing in nw6 pattern. But im on finasteride so im hopeful that I can keep decent hair into my 30s.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Im nw1 in terms of hairline but diffusing in nw6 pattern. But im on finasteride so im hopeful that I can keep decent hair into my 30s.

Bingo. You were using English Language in your favour but I caught you :p.

Premature hairloss is so severe,baldness starts usually at age 15/16/and guys become Full blown nw6 at age 21 to 24.
There is one nw7 guy on reddit at age 21.

Use time wisely so that you will be well settled before 30 in career,money and all that.
This will give you major advantage while dealing with baldness.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bingo. You were using English Language in your favour but I caught you :p.

Premature hairloss is so severe,baldness starts usually at age 15/16/and guys become Full blown nw6 at age 21 to 24.
There is one nw7 guy on reddit at age 21.

Use time wisely so that you will be well settled before 30 in career,money and all that.
This will give you major advantage while dealing with baldness.

I am dealing with baldness right now man. I dont get how people here think that just because you have a straight hairline you arent balding. I already have people commenting to me that im losing hair in real life its not like its some slow thing thats gonna take years to show. Most people can already tell that im balding, especially people that knew me from before.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i always feel bad when i see a boy with beautiful hair at the school where i work, and his dad comes in and is completely bald. i have said to some boys "that will be you in 10 years!" and they never believe me :D

Balding Boulder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i always feel bad when i see a boy with beautiful hair at the school where i work, and his dad comes in and is completely bald. i have said to some boys "that will be you in 10 years!" and they never believe me :D
That's so often how it works. When you're in your teens the last thing you think about is going bald. Even if it does happen, you believe it is miles off and you'll be able to enjoy your youth for many more years. Then you get the first signs and all hell breaks loose.

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I'm not going to have children because of my genetics. It just wouldn't be fair to have a kid that is short and balding. I feel strongly enough about it that I will not date. It just wouldn't be fair to have kids with such a large disadvantage in life right off the bat.

Balding Boulder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are too many substandard arbitrary genetic characteristics I possess to make it worthwhile having a kid or two. In the unlikely event I find a genetically supercharged woman, I would perhaps reconsider. But ultimately I'd rather spend my money on myself. I'd rather pursue my dream of reclaiming my hair.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I'm not going to have children because of my genetics. It just wouldn't be fair to have a kid that is short and balding. I feel strongly enough about it that I will not date. It just wouldn't be fair to have kids with such a large disadvantage in life right off the bat.

Yeah I feel you on that. I am 5'6 and balding young and my dad is 4'11 and balded young. If I ever somehow have a son I would feel like sh*t knowing that I fucked him up before he is even born.

IsThereHope

My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm the only one in the family that's going bald, only one to have hypothyroidism and crossed eyes...
So having kids would pretty much be fucked up at this point... (probably going do die alone, so kinda unlikely to have kids).

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't lose sleep over this because in order for me to even have the opportunity, a baldness cure must exist

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I feel you on that. I am 5'6 and balding young and my dad is 4'11 and balded young. If I ever somehow have a son I would feel like sh*t knowing that I fucked him up before he is even born.

I'm 5'6 as well, and balding in my 20s. I feel guity being this son as well. Balding and a few other incurable health issues I have has completely halted and ruined my life. It's really hard on my family. They are pretty upset about it. I'm not going to make someone and everyone they love go through something like that.