Anyone Do Rosemary Or Peppermint Oil?

Bornwithacurse225

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not super crazy or anything but it gave results. They did a study with it peppermint and rosemary oil was stronger than minoxidil 2%.

it grew a little bit of hair like 5% improvement. But still isn’t it worth doing? Healthy for scalp and hair. I mean even with slight growth that shows it at least maintains hair loss with slight growth. Isn’t that actually pretty good? Plus it’s probably really good for existing hairs

upload_2020-2-18_7-8-22.png

this is a few months with rosemary oil. Doesn’t the fact it at least maintains means it should be talked about?

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Waste of time.
Minoxidil, finasteride, or transplant.

Bornwithacurse225

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Waste of time.
Minoxidil, finasteride, or transplant.

lol how tf is it a waste of time if it grew hair on a human? At worst it maintains hair. It maintains hair plus grows hair slightly. How is that not worth doing? Even if it’s slight it’s still really really good that it’s maintaining let alone growing hair slightly. Way to just knock every single thing naturally without even looking

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol how tf is it a waste of time if it grew hair on a human? At worst it maintains hair. It maintains hair plus grows hair slightly. How is that not worth doing? Even if it’s slight it’s still really really good that it’s maintaining let alone growing hair slightly. Way to just knock every single thing naturally without even looking
It's a waste of time because oil doesn't address the issue with male pattern baldness.
And it's too weak to give any substantial result, compared to minoxidil.

male pattern baldness is in your DNA. Oil isn't gonna fix it.
You need a man-made product that directly deals with the issue.

Bornwithacurse225

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a waste of time because oil doesn't address the issue with male pattern baldness.
And it's too weak to give any substantial result, compared to minoxidil.

male pattern baldness is in your DNA. Oil isn't gonna fix it.
You need a man-made product that directly deals with the issue.

nah I don’t mean on its own I mean using with other treatments but shouldn’t it be looked at? If it’s stronger than 2% minoxidil with no side effects shouldn’t people be looking into it? Costs about 10 dollars for a big bottle and you only need a few drops inside a carrier oil.

Used with meds it will be its crazy it maintains and grows on its own with 0 side effects and if you don’t wanna use meds for some reason it’ll at least regrow a little bit and make you hair look better for awhile.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These oils are worth it because not everyone handles finasteride/synthetic 5ARIs. To be honest, it's quite cool that they were stronger than 2% minoxidil. Obviously they are not the first line of attack for hairloss, but they are still considered by many if finasteride or dutasteride cannot be handled.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been adding to my minoxidil bottle these oils plus sandlewood, cedarwood, lavender, and thyme. Combine all and one shot dripper to the 60ml. Once in while I use oils combo on scalp direct 5 mins before shower.

Last edited:

Bornwithacurse225

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the study I was referring to. It's the only one that's ever been done. See above for three reasons that study should not be trusted.
Why would they fake results on a plant? And how could they? Looks like the guy just got a little thicker hair by using rosemary oil.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would they fake results on a plant? And how could they? Looks like the guy just got a little thicker hair by using rosemary oil.

There are any number of reasons. Maybe someone involved sells essential oils?

The journal that published this study is Skinmed. They have an impact factor of .216 which is near the bottom of all dermatology journals in the world.
https://www.scimagojr.com/journalsearch.php?q=24959&tip=sid&clean=0

Looks like the guy got a little thicker hair, and maybe he did. That proves nothing. Let's say the pictures and data are legitimate. The amount of hair regrown was insignificant. Without a placebo group we don't know if they regrew hair because of the compound or because it was just that time of year. Not only was there no placebo group, but the researchers knew which patients got minoxidil and which ones got rosemary oil. It's striking to me that the minoxidil group only showed an increase of 1.7%. How is this number at all believable? In Allergan's 6 month bimatoprost study minoxidil 2% showed a TAHC increase of 9%, and they had every reason to deflate the minoxidil figures to make their own drug look better in comparison. Why did minoxidil perform so much lower in this study than in others? If that poor minoxidil result couldn't be replicated by others then why would you believe that the rosemary result can replicated? Also, this study was conducted in Iran. No offense to any Iranians, but I don't trust anything that comes out of Iran.

People need to regain a healthy dose of skepticism. Especially with the degrading quality of information these days, and increased willingness among even "respected" people to manipulate and outright fabricate data. Here as an article with some of what to look for when researching studies:
https://archive.attn.com/stories/18389/how-tell-good-scientific-study-bad-one

"There is increasing concern that most current published research findings are false. The probability that a research claim is true may depend on study power and bias, the number of other studies on the same question, and, importantly, the ratio of true to no relationships among the relationships probed in each scientific field. In this framework, a research finding is less likely to be true when the studies conducted in a field are smaller; when effect sizes are smaller; when there is a greater number and lesser preselection of tested relationships; where there is greater flexibility in designs, definitions, outcomes, and analytical modes; when there is greater financial and other interest and prejudice; and when more teams are involved in a scientific field in chase of statistical significance. Simulations show that for most study designs and settings, it is more likely for a research claim to be false than true."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1182327/

"Fake news and alternative facts have become commonplace in these so-called “post-factual times.” What about medical research - are scientific facts fake as well? Many recent disclosures have fueled the claim that scientific facts are suspect and that science is in crisis. Scientists appear to engage in facting interests instead of revealing interesting facts. This can be observed in terms of what has been called polarised research, where some researchers continuously publish positive results while others publish negative results on the same issue – even when based on the same data."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1182327/

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
nah I don’t mean on its own I mean using with other treatments but shouldn’t it be looked at? If it’s stronger than 2% minoxidil with no side effects shouldn’t people be looking into it? Costs about 10 dollars for a big bottle and you only need a few drops inside a carrier oil.

Used with meds it will be its crazy it maintains and grows on its own with 0 side effects and if you don’t wanna use meds for some reason it’ll at least regrow a little bit and make you hair look better for awhile.
i see what you're saying.

Falco4758

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have peppermint oil , can you tell me the routine ? I put some directly on scalp today and it felt amazing

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One small, six month study.
Study not double-blind placebo controlled
Never heard of the study authors

Don't believe every study you read. Many of them are complete trash.

Studies that show MN works are subject to the same principle of trash. The bottom line is that scientific studies are given undue weight due to scientism, redditism, and a general ignorance of epistemology. Lived reality shows that peer review means nothing really: AI-generated papers pass peer review.

If a study takes place over 6 months and shows that RM compares favorably to MN, that's probably good evidence that the two are interchangeable, provided that one has already tried MN and is not a big responder. There is a small minority of guys who get hair growth from MN, and it's worth a shot for this reason, but I like most guys get nothing from it (and I personally don't seem to shed when I stop using it).

In spite of decades of studies we still really don't know for certain how MN works except we have some genearl ideas about potassium channels and circulatory factors. Well, a combination of edible substances to match that efficacy is likely to exist. I just don't buy that this stuff is anything special. But things sold in apothecaries are obviously not as marketable and therefore not as generously backed by research and therefore not as readily adopted.

Bornwithacurse225

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Studies that show MN works are subject to the same principle of trash. The bottom line is that scientific studies are given undue weight due to scientism, redditism, and a general ignorance of epistemology. Lived reality shows that peer review means nothing really: AI-generated papers pass peer review.

If a study takes place over 6 months and shows that RM compares favorably to MN, that's probably good evidence that the two are interchangeable, provided that one has already tried MN and is not a big responder. There is a small minority of guys who get hair growth from MN, and it's worth a shot for this reason, but I like most guys get nothing from it (and I personally don't seem to shed when I stop using it).

In spite of decades of studies we still really don't know for certain how MN works except we have some genearl ideas about potassium channels and circulatory factors. Well, a combination of edible substances to match that efficacy is likely to exist. I just don't buy that this stuff is anything special. But things sold in apothecaries are obviously not as marketable and therefore not as generously backed by research and therefore not as readily adopted.
It’s stronger than 2% min but not 5%. But still the fact it’s regrowing or can even maintain is crazy