Anyone Counteract Minoxidil Wrinkling?

wishkid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started using minoxidil about 2-3 months ago and have got serious wrinkles under my eyes and puffiness in the morning. I am in my early 20s and never had them before so please if you were lucky enough not to get these sides we don't need you destroying this thread. Anyone who has been in my boat, have you been able to reduce it at all?

Thanks

timidhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I, too, am very interested in some tried and successful preventive skincare products (budget friendly ones) to combat this issue.

I was previously recommended this product (make sure it is the "night" version):

https://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Anti-Wrinkle-combination-Pro-Vitamins-Moisturizers/dp/B00005K9CK

The only caveat is that you have to put on a sunscreen on your face the next morning to avoid sunburn from the retinol in the product. I was also told to use this only 3-4 times per week and not each night. However, I want to hear other forum members' experience before trying this out.

An obvious disclaimer is that the retinol in this product is weak. They are many derivatives of retinol and retinoid. All strong retinoids are only available by prescription. The claim in this product of the benefits of Vitamin B5 and Vitamin E is also based on very weak science (from what I understand of the current scientific literature).

There are numerous cosmetic eye serums on the market that claim to help, but I question the marketing gimmicks of these products beyond the fact that they simply make the tissue around the eye temporarily edematous so to give the appearance of disappearing wrinkles but otherwise fail to address the underlying issue to promote heavy collagen turnover.