Anyone been told their donor density is too low?

greatreader

Reaction score
Body hair

I am putting my hopes in body hair transplant. Lot of youtube videos show doing that. Did you explore that option?

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
Body hair transplant is the least desirable option, for many reasons.

-Body hair is a poor match with head hair. Texture, length, curl, color can all be dramatically different. "Hair not blending in" is a big complaint about hairpieces - now imagine that hair is permanent.
-Body hair grafts are almost always all single hairs, so coverage (<--- key term) from BHT grafts is poor. It will take a large number of grafts to make a small difference.
-Lower rate of survival (I spent $36,000 on BHT and had virtually zero growth, from Dr Cole)
-More expensive per graft than regular FUE. So you pay more, for worse coverage per graft.
-According to Dr Cole, something like 75% of patients have no cosmetic improvement (you can't see an improvement) - other doctors might be more competent than Cole though.
-Not many doctors do it, limiting your choice of doctors.

Whenever I see guys with no hair transplant yet talking about how they can use BHT to get acceptable results, it's a sure sign that they really have no idea what they're talking about. BHT is for people in a "worst case scenario". If you're already planning on BHT, don't even get started with getting transplants. There's been a lot of phony claims about BHT, and lots of desperate guys have been cheated and taken advantage of.

Also, lots of guys will lose density in the donor area, it's called senescent alopecia (hair loss due to age) however I did see some has studied this, and claims that even senescent alopecia is DHT related. But look at the donor area on older guys, very often it's thinning out. The "permanent donor area" is not based on facts or evidence - we have evidence that the donor area is NOT permanent.

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
hair transplant surgeon said he can use my pubic hair on my head, but it wouldn't match having straight hair and curly wurlies mixed in.

finasteride or bald...those be your options. Don't be a pubic hair head like me. Take a v**** and pound the ladies...love that stuff.

g.i joey

Reaction score
hair transplant surgeon said he can use my pubic hair on my head, but it wouldn't match having straight hair and curly wurlies mixed in.

finasteride or bald...those be your options. Don't be a pubic hair head like me. Take a v**** and pound the ladies...love that stuff.

finasteride really brought you to the point where you need v****? thats not motivating for me lol..

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride really brought you to the point where you need v****? thats not motivating for me lol..
Yes, please don't take it. Going bald is a much better option...less hot guys for me to compete with.:youbet:

christinethoma

My Regimen
Reaction score

-Body hair is a poor match with head hair. Texture, length, curl, color can all be dramatically different. "Hair not blending in" is a big complaint about hairpieces - now imagine that hair is permanent.
-Body hair grafts are almost always all single hairs, so coverage (<--- key term) from BHT grafts is poor. It will take a large number of grafts to make a small difference.
-Lower rate of survival (I spent $36,000 on BHT and had virtually zero growth, from Dr Cole)
-More expensive per graft than regular FUE. So you pay more, for worse coverage per graft.
-According to Dr Cole, something like 75% of patients have no cosmetic improvement (you can't see an improvement) - other doctors might be more competent than Cole though.

Whenever I see guys with no hair transplant yet talking about how they can use BHT to get acceptable results, it's a sure sign that they really have no idea what they're talking about. BHT is for people in a "worst case scenario". If you're already planning on BHT, don't even get started with getting transplants. There's been a lot of phony claims about BHT, and lots of desperate guys have been cheated and taken advantage of.

Also, lots of guys will lose density in the donor area, it's called senescent alopecia (hair loss due to age) however I did see some has studied this, and claims that even senescent alopecia is DHT related. But look at the donor area on older guys, very often it's thinning out. The "permanent donor area" is not based on facts or evidence - we have evidence that the donor area is NOT permanent.

Thanks for the info arfy. Saved me $36,000

ken1987

Reaction score

Very informative, thank you!

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If body hair barely covers a body why would anyone think it could cover a head?