Anyone been on treatment 15+ years who is in their 60's/70's?

consultant

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 51. Have classic male pattern baldness developing. It's mainly on the back/top flat spot, you can see it only looking from the back. And losing in the typical side area too. I've come to just accept it (so far) as just something that goes along with aging. But now I'm kicking around the idea of, well, I shampoo everyday, seems like not a big deal to add a squirt of 5% Minoxidil Foam after showering to stop further loss.

So my question is, for people who have done this long term, like 15+ years who are now in their 60's or 70's, was it worth it to you? Because from what I understand once you get that old, it doesn't work as well. And, at any age, once you stop using it, your head will return to the state of baldness it would have been in normally at that age?

So it seems to me, if say you started taking it when you are 50, then stopped at 65, people would notice a significant change in your hair (or lack thereof) over a short period. Wouldn't it be better to just gradually lose it rather than postpone it then let it happen quickly or do people stay on this until even later in life? It is sort of like the hair coloring. If you stop using it later, then you like turn gray practically overnight.

Ourkes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How severe is the loss? If you really have just started balding now, it’s unlikely you’ll lose significant coverage and topicals or a light transplant can often do the trick.

However, do you think you have been balding for years and you’re only now properly noticing it? This can often be the case when male pattern baldness starts in say mid 30s. My friend is 40, has been losing hair at the crown since early 30s. To the untrained eye, he still has completely full head of hair.

Either way, the outlook is likely to be good for you. I have been told treatments can work well in to a persons 60s and 70s. However the later in life male pattern baldness starts, the more minimal the loss is likely to be.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol at people out there treating hair loss in their 70’s
If you watch those two australian doctors on youtube, they openly say that they get just as many 50+ year olds walking into their clinics as young guys. The idea that people stop caring about hair after 40, 50, 60 etc is a myth. Everyone cares when they see it start to go, the only people who actually dont care are the people who've already accepted the process and shaved it/moved on.

That's why ethical hair doctors wont work on guys in their 20s with aggressive loss..they know they are dooming them to be miserable.

consultant

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wasn't really asking if people care less when they are older. You can still care but not take action any more and 'give in' to aging. I was more wondering on average what the majority life long anti-hair loss treatment users do when they get way later in life. Just because Trump takes something doesn't mean the majority of mid 70-yo's do. Ever see an 80-yo man with dark brown hair? Looks kind of funny. But once he stops coloring it, he's 100% white gray a few weeks later. I think at some point a lot of men that may have colored their hair in their middle age, eventually stop doing it when it's quite obviously unatural looking for their age. Just my personal opinion.

It would be interesting to mention how old you are in your post.

What I'm looking for is someone actually, let's say, 65 or older on here that can say, ya, I've been taking this or that to slow/prevent hair loss since my 30's or 40's or 50's and plan to keep doing it the rest of my life. Or, do more people 65+ year olds say something more like, ya, I started doing it in my 30's, 40' and 50's but then in my XXXX I stopped doing it, because XXX and just shaved my head all bald or just lived with very little hair.

I'm curious what is the more common scenario: people doing it through their 60's and 70's or people who started but eventually gave in and ceased treatment and let nature take it's natural course.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Donald trump wears a wig that flys off in the wind lol
Obviously if you have Brad Pitt, George Clooney genes and things start to go south in your late 60’s(as I’m sure they will) why not get a cheeky transplant, but the idea of a 70 year old NW5 rubbing minoxidil and RU on on his scalp for breakfast with a durasteride chaser is a joke.

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Obviously if you have Brad Pitt, George Clooney genes and things start to go south in your late 60’s(as I’m sure they will) why not get a cheeky transplant, but the idea of a 70 year old NW5 rubbing minoxidil and RU on on his scalp for breakfast with a durasteride chaser is a joke.
Not a wig , his hair

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Clooney had a transplant in the 90s

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• image.png.fd9220b3b33d76a5cc98dd90ecb0009c.png
    image.png.fd9220b3b33d76a5cc98dd90ecb0009c.png
    138.1 KB · Views: 160
  • image.png.318aaac9d212d4396c7ee782991c737c.png
    image.png.318aaac9d212d4396c7ee782991c737c.png
    769 KB · Views: 158

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well known by who? Lmao
Even with that slight temple recession his hair was thicker than most guys his age. I consider that good hair genes.

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well known by who? Lmao
Even with that slight temple recession his hair was thicker than most guys his age. I consider that good hair genes.
Yeaaaa dudeee. His good hair genes grew the hair back on his temples.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeaaaa dudeee. His good hair genes grew the hair back on his temples.
Clooney is 37 in that picture. Minor recession and absolutely solid density. What’s your age and where are you pics, buddy?

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Clooney is 37 in that picture. Minor recession and absolutely solid density. What’s your age and where are you pics, buddy?
Are you special? No one is denying Clooney has great hair. I merely corrected you when you said Clooney WOULD have a transplant if he started thinning, whereas he already HAS had a transplant.

I've posted plenty of pics on here. Knock yourself out, buddy.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Clooney didn’t need a transplant. He probably had some douche in Hollywood telling him to get one.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay man, thanks for telling me George Clooney already had his dense Norwood 2 filled in at age 37.

Edit: “Obviously if you have Brad Pitt, George Clooney genes and things start to go south in your *40’s* (as I’m sure they will) why not get a cheeky transplant”