Anyone A Real Veteran With Oral Minoxidil? Need Help With Eyes

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
What’s up all.

I’m on minoxidil sulfate 5mg (2.5 2x a day) and my eyes got HAMMERED. I can post pics if you want. I have really bad puffy eyes and I dealt with it, but now they’re looking dark and I’m a zombie lol.

I don’t wAnt to quit min just yet.. I may just order a diuretic off of inhouse, but I’m curious to see what’s up and if anyone’s actually treated this successfully

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s up all.

I’m on minoxidil sulfate 5mg (2.5 2x a day) and my eyes got HAMMERED. I can post pics if you want. I have really bad puffy eyes and I dealt with it, but now they’re looking dark and I’m a zombie lol.

I don’t wAnt to quit min just yet.. I may just order a diuretic off of inhouse, but I’m curious to see what’s up and if anyone’s actually treated this successfully

I had the same side effect.. only impacted my left eye. I didn't realize it was from the loniten I was taking. I was on 10mg 1x a day. Eventually, after about 4 months, it cleared up.

Side note, unrelated, I've switched from 10mg 1x a day to 5mg 2x a day because I think having it in me for longer in a 24 hour span is more beneficial than a larger dose but a shorter span. I'm highly considerating breaking it up further to have less per dosage but more constantly in my system. Swapping to 2x a day made a noticeable difference in my facial hair.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
both my eyes got beat up from topical minoxidil (pretty sure I'm allergic to that sh*t) my right eye especially. This happened before (back in July 2019) and it took months for it to clear up.

Last edited:

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply’s guys. The issue with this is that not one person seems to use a diuretic with oral when taking it and it seems like it’s imperative to do so. I didn’t think I’d get hit like this because I didn’t while on topical a while back, but Jesus. My face is like flushed and when I wrinkle my forehead, I can actually feel the fluid build up.

crazzzy

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply’s guys. The issue with this is that not one person seems to use a diuretic with oral when taking it and it seems like it’s imperative to do so. I didn’t think I’d get hit like this because I didn’t while on topical a while back, but Jesus. My face is like flushed and when I wrinkle my forehead, I can actually feel the fluid build up.

crazzzy
Yeah so i've tried months of oral and topical and now after 3 months straight on topical it cleared up. Now I am going to try oral and wait probably 3 more to clear that up as well lol.

I am difusse so i kinda need to