Anyone A Real Veteran With Oral Minoxidil? Need Help With Eyes | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Anyone A Real Veteran With Oral Minoxidil? Need Help With Eyes

Discussion in 'Growth Stimulants - Rogaine, Minoxidil, Tricomin,' started by Ziggyz123, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Ziggyz123

Ziggyz123 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    What’s up all.

I’m on minoxidil sulfate 5mg (2.5 2x a day) and my eyes got HAMMERED. I can post pics if you want. I have really bad puffy eyes and I dealt with it, but now they’re looking dark and I’m a zombie lol.

I don’t wAnt to quit min just yet.. I may just order a diuretic off of inhouse, but I’m curious to see what’s up and if anyone’s actually treated this successfully

2. Lurker85

Lurker85 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I had the same side effect.. only impacted my left eye. I didn't realize it was from the loniten I was taking. I was on 10mg 1x a day. Eventually, after about 4 months, it cleared up.

Side note, unrelated, I've switched from 10mg 1x a day to 5mg 2x a day because I think having it in me for longer in a 24 hour span is more beneficial than a larger dose but a shorter span. I'm highly considerating breaking it up further to have less per dosage but more constantly in my system. Swapping to 2x a day made a noticeable difference in my facial hair.

3. StevenGerrard

StevenGerrard Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    both my eyes got beat up from topical minoxidil (pretty sure I'm allergic to that sh*t) my right eye especially. This happened before (back in July 2019) and it took months for it to clear up.

#3 StevenGerrard, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  4. Ziggyz123

Ziggyz123 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the reply’s guys. The issue with this is that not one person seems to use a diuretic with oral when taking it and it seems like it’s imperative to do so. I didn’t think I’d get hit like this because I didn’t while on topical a while back, but Jesus. My face is like flushed and when I wrinkle my forehead, I can actually feel the fluid build up.

crazzzy