Anybody using laser comb?

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if anybody here has used the laser comb and had any benefits from it or anything at all?

Thanks!

justasking

Established Member
Reaction score
laser comb

I've used it for several years and it's a staple of my program. Wouldn't be without it. It's kept my hair healthy through all of the shedding, regrowing, and minoxidil effects. Tricomin is also a must for me. Folligen did bad things to my scalp and hair...Just too strong for me.

G

Wow, Haiamax Lasercomb for several years? You are the first person who has used that device for a good amount of time I've ever heard of. I am very much interested in the Lasercomb, but one thing concesrs me profoudly.. I've posted about it several times but no good reply... So here it goes again and I hope you could help a bit in deciding whether to order it or not...

Regarding the side effect of the Hairmax Lasercomb (aside from efficacy of it), I would like to know your opinions...
The company claims that it is side effect free and perfectly safe to use. However I came across on an opinion that although it may grow hairs at the beginning, it will eventually do more harm than good since it induces hair growth by slightly injuring follicles. He guesses that mild damage can awaken hair follicles and accordingly regrowth will follow at the first but with continued use, it will irreversibly impair follicles and by then no amount of treatment will do. Well, I was considering the Lasercomb and was totally freaked out by his suspicion.

The company says it cannot be true cause the Lasercomb works not by injuring follicles but rather the opposite way by increasing ATP level at the follicle. And you know, they have gone through FDA safety regulation and I wonder if FDA should have investigated on the possiblility of the device negatively affecting follicles. They shouldn't have approved of the safety of the device if it carries such fatal side effect, shouldn't they?

Well, I am really confused. What is your opinion? Could anybody share knowledge here?

justasking

Established Member
Reaction score
laser comb

I posted an answer but it didn't come through, so here goes another one. I think the laser comb has stimulated my hair and kept it in healing mode through all the stuff I put on my scalp over the years. If you look at the photos of newly transplanted scalps where laser comb has been used on one side only, you can see the increased healing and new growth on the laser side. Cold beam laser will not hurt your hair, only help keep it alive while waiting for minoxidil, etc., to go through their cycles of fallout and regrowth and, we hope, eventually save the hair. It also has been shown to regrow hair on its own. I think the company is responsive and honest and I've been using their product for almost four years. I'm still struggling hard against my genes and I go through nasty sheds all the time. I have stubborn thinning at the crown and all over the top, and my hairline comes and goes, but I'm not bald yet like my brother and my dad were in their twenties, and I'm going to keep fighting this thing. I've just gotton on finasteride and I've already gone through an initial shot of regrowth and shedding, which is also a minoxidil effect, but I'm hanging in, using the comb and tricomin, and I'm not giving up.

On the subject of stress and hair loss, I'm convinced it plays a part in speeding it up, and I'm working on not letting this get to me. Like some of the guys have said, you play the hand you're dealt.

KO_thomas

Reaction score
I've read on other message boards that the laser comb can cause increased shedding, any truth to this?

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
yes it can cause shedding and the shedding will be replaced by new regrowth and thicker hair :p

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
isn't this thing supposed to go through FDA trials for male pattern baldness. What's the word so far?