Anybody try fighting hair loss by blocking cytokines?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am more and more convinced that XY's using HRT for regrowth should start at very high levels and not low-dose estradiol. That's what I was on essentially for four years and I had B cups even before starting HRT from OTC menopausal creams. You want to start high if doing this, I surmise because that often disrupts normal breast development and most MtF's start out on very high doses of estradiol and have the resultant double A cup breasts. I will await with eagerness for someone who just blasts away like @bridgeburn so people can at least anecdotally try to figure out if feminization is necessary but not sufficient for hair restoration for formerly bald people.

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hiya!

I guess since you have had decades of unopposed estrogen, things are different but if you copied my protocol or @bridgeburn, why wouldn't it work for you?
Derma rolling could likely help me but I'm probably going to hold off trying that until I'm able to get my lichen planopilaris pain/inflammation/autoimmune activity under control. My scalp is pretty sensitive at the moment so even topical min I've put on hold.

I'm still on estradiol and progesterone, but E and P only address the loss of density caused by androgenic alopecia. I'm also, now, experiencing density loss caused by a lpp type of hair loss. Estradiol may help somewhat with lichen planopilaris by acting as a growth agonist and anti-inflammatory but E won't be enough to combat a scarring type of hair loss like lpp. I'll continue on E & P to treat androgenic alopecia and also find a protocol to treat lichen planopilaris.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Derma rolling could likely help me but I'm probably going to hold off trying that until I'm able to get my lichen planopilaris pain/inflammation/autoimmune activity under control. My scalp is pretty sensitive at the moment so even topical min I've put on hold.

I'm still on estradiol and progesterone, but E and P only address the loss of density caused by androgenic alopecia. I'm also, now, experiencing density loss caused by a lpp type of hair loss. Estradiol may help somewhat with lichen planopilaris by acting as a growth agonist and anti-inflammatory but E won't be enough to combat a scarring type of hair loss like lpp. I'll continue on E & P to treat androgenic alopecia and also find a protocol to treat lichen planopilaris.
Seriously. Try praying to my Goddess. Every single thing I have tried has worked optimally or better. I have huge tits that I am making my peace with but D cups make it hard to be non-binary in looks. It sounds like the other hair gods are against you. Go with Venus, represented by the Morning Star which makes it easy to acknowledge Her daily. Every step of the way has been like a miracle to me in terms of effects. For me, this was meant to be and She was the One who told me that or gave me that revelation is a better word for it.

Goddess Bless you and keep you, you and your hair, which is every woman's birthright.

fuggles

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been researching the link between cytokines and hair growth inhibition and believe blocking cytokines can cause hair growth for some people. Has anyone tried this yet? Results?

I just took my first dosage of Otezla today to fight psoriasis which mostly manifests on my scalp, nose, and eyebrows. I've had psoriasis for about the same amount of time that I've had hair loss. My first bad flare up was within a few months of me noticing my hair was starting to thin, 10 years ago.

When I ordered Otezla I didn't even think about my psoriasis being linked to my hair loss since 90% of the time it is very minor and mostly unnoticeable to other people. Research I've seen has demonstrated that blocking cytokines can cause significant hair growth in as little as 6 weeks and most saw full regrowth by week 16.

I'll try to update my RU58841 thread more often to track if adding this to my routine has been beneficial or not. I slacked on updates for a while due to having a death in my family followed by the death of a friend.

Elidel PIMECROLIMUS cream looks safer to block cytokines

I am interested in purchasing some

Protopic also looks interesting

Last edited: