Anybody tried to dissolve curcumin in a skin cream (cetaphil

riptiduh

Reaction score
I had to put my .02 in because I have mixed Curcumin in things for a long time.

Just for reference;

Curcumin in Ginger Shampoo (Pirocto Olamine) for 8+ months..no stain afterwards..
" mixed in bottle of minoxidil. Turns my hair green, definitely noticeable, my best girl friend (not romantic) and co-workers kept saying, "dude, your head is green.." this was due to I only put minoxidil on my hairline.
" mixed in Dr. Pickhart's Emu Oil for hair going on 2 month. Definitely stains, not as bad as the minoxidil but still stains. Washes out later in the day with water though. My fingers and hands are yellowish from rubbing it in everyday.....

Before I found out about Dr. Pickhart's Emu I made my own Emu concoction with Curcumin/lavender/GTE/Apple Poly/Saw Palmetto..
That stained as well.

I shaved my head 3 months ago, had been using my own Emu concoction 2 months prior. Embarassing 2 months with the green head lol. Has been growing back nicely and I can "feel" a slight difference in hair quality. Definitley more lustrious, shiny and actually feels thicker. At my hairline I have been getting a few (I am talking maybe 10) hairs that grew in thick and full right in the middle of the balding areas where no hairs have been for a couple years.....

Don't know what that says, but I personally feel curcumin' added to ANYTHING is a must, just wish I could get past the staining. Stove cloths, bathroom towels, hell, my refridgerator handle is yellow from my hands...

I am trying to figure out a dose that won't show as much. I ordered the white curcumin from ancient way ages ago and have put it in my minoxidil/random solutions I have been making. Honestly, with all I am doing I can't narrow down what is giving the best results.

Going on 3 years of random topicals, I would have to say, by far, Emu oil with added saw palmetto, green tea extract, pinch of curcumin and a drop of lavender has given me the best results. Not a miracle, I don't want anyone getting all freaked out. I am not touting this as a miracle by any means, just an additive to what will probably end up being a losing battle in the end.

Cheers guys, lets keep hangin' on!

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
riptiduh said:
I had to put my .02 in because I have mixed Curcumin in things for a long time.

Just for reference;

Curcumin in Ginger Shampoo (Pirocto Olamine) for 8+ months..no stain afterwards..
" mixed in bottle of minoxidil. Turns my hair green, definitely noticeable, my best girl friend (not romantic) and co-workers kept saying, "dude, your head is green.." this was due to I only put minoxidil on my hairline.
" mixed in Dr. Pickhart's Emu Oil for hair going on 2 month. Definitely stains, not as bad as the minoxidil but still stains. Washes out later in the day with water though. My fingers and hands are yellowish from rubbing it in everyday.....

Before I found out about Dr. Pickhart's Emu I made my own Emu concoction with Curcumin/lavender/GTE/Apple Poly/Saw Palmetto..
That stained as well.

I shaved my head 3 months ago, had been using my own Emu concoction 2 months prior. Embarassing 2 months with the green head lol. Has been growing back nicely and I can "feel" a slight difference in hair quality. Definitley more lustrious, shiny and actually feels thicker. At my hairline I have been getting a few (I am talking maybe 10) hairs that grew in thick and full right in the middle of the balding areas where no hairs have been for a couple years.....

Don't know what that says, but I personally feel curcumin' added to ANYTHING is a must, just wish I could get past the staining. Stove cloths, bathroom towels, hell, my refridgerator handle is yellow from my hands...

I am trying to figure out a dose that won't show as much. I ordered the white curcumin from ancient way ages ago and have put it in my minoxidil/random solutions I have been making. Honestly, with all I am doing I can't narrow down what is giving the best results.

Going on 3 years of random topicals, I would have to say, by far, Emu oil with added saw palmetto, green tea extract, pinch of curcumin and a drop of lavender has given me the best results. Not a miracle, I don't want anyone getting all freaked out. I am not touting this as a miracle by any means, just an additive to what will probably end up being a losing battle in the end.

Cheers guys, lets keep hangin' on!

hi riptiduh..

good to see other people experimenting with curcumin and or essential oils .

reading the threads on this subject I found a post by "Harold" : (well informed forum member) who had serious concerns on the stability of curcumin. I believe he posted some studies relating to this. Curcumin is very sensitive to heat and the like..

I used to mix regular curcumin in my bottle of PO shampoo along with tea trea and other essential oils but after reading on this I decided to only mix the curcumin in the amount of shampoo I will be using at that specific moment in a little plastic cup right before hoping in the shower. I do this a few minutes before and find the spice mixes very well. I keep my jar of curcumin in the fridge as well.

I thought this would be a pain to do but it only takes me a minute.

Last edited:

Petchsky

Reaction score
bump

Reaction score
Here is a recent study (2011) about adding a derivte of curcuma with 5% minoxidil. Interesting results !

Abstract Background: Several botanically derived agents are available for the treatment of male-pattern baldness.

Objective: The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of 5% hexane extract of Curcuma aeruginosa, a botanically derived inhibitor of 5?-reductase and 5% minoxidil in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia.

Methods: Eighty-seven men with androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia) were randomized to receive 5% Curcuma aeruginosa, 5% minoxidil, combination formulation (5% hexane extract of Curcuma aeruginosa + 5% minoxidil) or placebo, twice daily for 6 months. Efficacy was assessed by target area hair count, global photographic review as well as patients' subjective assessments of hair regrowth and hair shedding.

Results: There were statistically significant improvements in global photographic review (p < 0.001), subjects' overall assessments of hair regrowth (p = 0.008), and hair shedding (p = 0.004) when the combination formulation was compared with placebo. Similarly, treatment with 5% minoxidil and 5% C. aeruginosa extract also led to some degrees of hair regrowth. There were no serious adverse events during and after the study.

Conclusion: In men with hair loss in the vertex area of the scalp, the combination of 5% hexane extract of C. aeruginosa and 5% minoxidil slowed hair loss and increased hair growth.

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
Conclusion: In men with hair loss in the vertex area of the scalp, the combination of 5% hexane extract of C. aeruginosa and 5% minoxidil slowed hair loss and increased hair growth.

Maybe the minoxidil did all the work? How do we know if the hexane extract did anything?