Anybody taking Human Growth Hormone supplements ? (HGH)

misterium

Reaction score
Hi,

I have gone through about 3 bottles of a fairly expensive ($approx. 27 dollars ea.) of HGH spray... 2 times under the tongue in the A.M. and 4 times under the tongue in the P.M.

Not sure if it's really helping yet, not sure if 3 months is long enough..
It supposedly helps your tissues and body repair itself and helps with muscle mass etc...

Does anybody know about this stuff ?

G

A cheaper way to boost HGH (and IGF-1) is to stack amino acids (L-Glycine + L-Arginnie + L-Glutamine and so on....) and take 30 minutes before sleep on an emty stomach (your body naturally produces the majority of it's HGH in the early stage of sleep).

Another way is through resistance exercises (weights, push ups and so on) and like sleep induced HGH production this can be boosted by supplimenting with an amino acid stack prior to exercise.

It may take more than 3 months to feel the benifits.

Ty

P.S. Amino Acids are can be bought very cheaply in your local healthfood shop.

misterium

Reaction score
Cool thanks!

G

Rage said:
Amino acids are abundant in a nice rump steak

If you eat a steak, only relatively few amino acids escape the metabolic actions of the liver.

misterium

Reaction score
well is it really the Aminos that I want? or is it the Human Growth Hormone itself??

The supplements I'm taking contain like a good percentage of HGH or whatever the chemical name is I can't be bothered getting the stuff off the shelf right now..

But also, I've seen HGH sprays on eBay that have something to do with an antler (yes a deer antler) extract... lots of bidders... could it be snake oil at such a high price and from a good positive feedback having seller ?

I wonder about all these things.. I suppose it doesn't hurt to spend a couple hundred, buy a good year supply or so... and see for yourself right..

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HGH sprays probably provide minimal actual HGH level increases. My understanding is that the HGH molecule is too large to be absorbed through skin tissues, so most of what you get is homeopathic, i.e., attempts to increase stimulate the pituitary to produce more HGH. While there may be some temporary increase, it is normally not anywhere near what a 20-something year old pituitary normally produces anyway, and the increase is temporary.

G

mvpsoft said:
HGH sprays probably provide minimal actual HGH level increases. My understanding is that the HGH molecule is too large to be absorbed through skin tissues,

There has been work done on small peptides which get around this problem, I am sure I have read stuff on it but don't quote me!

mvpsoft said:
While there may be some temporary increase, it is normally not anywhere near what a 20-something year old pituitary normally produces anyway, and the increase is temporary.

All natural HGH production is temporary.

IwantMyhair said:
well is it really the Aminos that I want? or is it the Human Growth Hormone itself??

Amino Acids in the right combinations (not in a steak :shock:) taken at the right times are a powerful secretagogue, that will kick the pituitary into secreting HGH and IGF-1, the standard endocrinological test for the pituitary is a 25 gram intavenous shot of L-Arginine.

mcpaulyb

Established Member
Reaction score
tynanW said:
A cheaper way to boost HGH (and IGF-1) is to stack amino acids (L-Glycine + L-Arginnie + L-Glutamine and so on....) and take 30 minutes before sleep on an emty stomach (your body naturally produces the majority of it's HGH in the early stage of sleep).
quote]

Won't this worsen hair loss??

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Amino acids are building blocks of protien and muscle ...what does that have to do with losing your hair?
My mom is actually taking HGH for her hyperpituitarism

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
Some have proposed that l-arginine may have some beneficial effects on hairloss when applied topically. The jury's definitely still out on this one, so for now I'd put it in the oversized "can't hurt" camp.
Many people on this forum also take l-arginine to counter finasteride's sexual side effects.

G

Around a couple of years ago after reading a load of stuff on topical L-Arginine, I mixed up a batch with about 8000mg of L-Arginine and water.

I shook it up for a few minutes and applied a little to my temple, after about 2 minutes I got this burning feeling which just got worse and worse, I mean it really started to burn like it was on fire!, I jumped up and sprinted to the bathroom to put out the fire with cold water. Funny thing is I later tried a little on my arm and it was fine, it only burnt when applied to my head??