https://parjournal.net/article/view/2220

just supplements and 2% minoxidil wtf

Wispy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What supplements?

I dunno, click the damn link and read?

Table 3
Cyclical vitamin therapy low dose once in three days, have one each after breakfast odds ratio, one each after lunch odds ratio, one after lunch and one after dinner

Days of the week Supplement combinations
Monday & Thursday Antioxidant, calcium, vitamin D3, magnesium
Tuesday & Friday Iron, folic acid, vitamin C & omega 3
Wednesday & Saturday (Sunday - no medicines) Essential aminoacids, B - complex & biotin
2% Ketoconazole & zinc pyrithione shampoo
Wet your hair, massage the shampoo into the scalp, keep for 3 min & wash, once in 3 - days
Minoxidil 2% solution - 1mL morning & 1mL evening - everyday

Poppyburner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does the man photographed above have Androgenetic Alopecia?

'Research workers have attributed the thinning and miniaturization of the hair as the hallmark of androgenic alopecia (A G A). Now numerous other types of thinning and hair loss have been identified as mimicing Androgenetic Alopecia[22-25]. Therefore we found the need to develop a new category of description and classification defined as diffuse unpatterned hair loss (DUPA)[8,26]. We now clinically face hair loss that displays all the characteristics of Androgenetic Alopecia but does not confirm to genetic predisposition and has no family history[27].'

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They describe the patients as: "Male and female patients between the ages of 25 to 50 years, requiring treatment for hair loss"

Thought that was weird wording. They don't ever seem to identify the patients as having Androgenetic Alopecia, specifically. Are they smuggling in telogen effluvium or other kinds of patients in here? I mean, I don't see why they should, they don't seem to be selling anything, but...

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I emailed the researcher, because I was curious about where he got the keto+zinc pyrithione shampoo, here's his response:

The nutrients are available as ready to use Hair Fact kits, sans the minoxidil and shampoo. Many brands provide 1% Ketoconazole but make sure you use 2%. In the study I have used local brand Biwash, two times a week.
I do not think the brand or make would matter.

So, there IS a product being sold here, which, of course, doesn't mean the study is bunk, but...

jazz1

Reaction score
Minoxidil and Ketaconazole GREAT responder.