Anybody moved from Propecia to Finpecia from Cipla?????

david1walker

Reaction score
I recently moved from Propecia over to Finpecia from Cipla (bought it from Inhouse Pharmacy as some of you reccomended) and I've been on it for about 4 or 5 months now, and maybe it's my imagination, but I would sware that my hair is starting to thin again!!! I had been on Propecia for 8 years or so, and it had completely stopped my hair from falling out. I'm wondering if it's my body getting used to a slightly different product, and then over time it will fill back in and stop falling out????

Any thoughts or anybody who has gone through this????

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont see why it would be your body adjusting, If your concerned why not just get a prescription for proscar and collect it from a real pharmacy.it will cost a lot less than propecia and you can rest assured its legit.

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
david1walker said:
I recently moved from Propecia over to Finpecia from Cipla (bought it from Inhouse Pharmacy as some of you reccomended) and I've been on it for about 4 or 5 months now, and maybe it's my imagination, but I would sware that my hair is starting to thin again!!! I had been on Propecia for 8 years or so, and it had completely stopped my hair from falling out. I'm wondering if it's my body getting used to a slightly different product, and then over time it will fill back in and stop falling out????

Any thoughts or anybody who has gone through this????

finpecia is warned to be an inferior or even dangerous alternative to the real thing.

It could be a quality issue with the drug, or even fake drugs.

Although you could also be thinning for other reasons, I would get on back on namebrand propecia or proscar.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
Really? Is it not the same chemical.

I could understand there being a risk with imported medicines in general, because there's a temptation make counterfeit copies, but finpecia is a legitimate rip off*.

<<edit to add>>

*Under Indian patent law.

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
sir chugalot said:
Really? Is it not the same chemical.

I could understand there being a risk with imported medicines in general, because there's a temptation make counterfeit copies, but finpecia is a legitimate rip off*.

<<edit to add>>

*Under Indian patent law.

Well I dont know, if you start thinning again after switching to finpecia from an online pharmacy, that puts a strong suspicion on the medication. I would switch back to brand name, unless you get more clues to what is causing it indicating otherwise.

novice

Reaction score
I bought a generic Ventolin inhaler from inhouse recently and find it to be very weak compaired to my ligitimate one. It taste the same but no way near as effective.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Probably not ideal because you didn't get tested while on Merck Propecia, but why not get your DHT levels tested and check whether they are being restricted?
You obviously won't be able to compare them with the levels you get on propecia, but you should be able to tell whether the drug is actually doing something because your DHT levels will be on the lower side of normalcy.

I said it's the placebo effect more than anything. Same with the guy mentioning his ventolin. The price this stuff is manufactured for in Indian hardly makes it profitable to exploit and produce fakes. Plus Inhouse has a good rep around the traps.