Anybody has experience with "hair weaving" for men ?

Peter_mac

Reaction score
This procedure is done mainly for women. In this procedure (at least the variation I'm talking about), patches of fake hair are glued to existing thin hair (near the roots of the real hair). This can work if the area you are trying to treat is not completely bald, and there is still some hair there to provide anchor for the fake hair.

My barber suggested this procedure for me today. He said I'll need to come once a month to re-glue the fake hair.

He claims that this will look natural and allow me to do everything(like shower), but my fear is that in several months of going with these fake extensions my real thin hair will be lost by all the hair traction involved in this process. My barber say there is no reason for this to happen, but I doubt it.

What do you think ? I can hardly find anything on the internet regarding this procedure for men (or even the long term consequences for women with thin hair who do it)...

Grimoire

Reaction score
If this is the same procedure as traditional hair weaving, don't do it. You are correct that Traction Alopecia will cause permanent hair loss in the areas where the hair is attached.

owais

Reaction score
Peter_mac said:
This procedure is done mainly for women. In this procedure (at least the variation I'm talking about), patches of fake hair are glued to existing thin hair (near the roots of the real hair). This can work if the area you are trying to treat is not completely bald, and there is still some hair there to provide anchor for the fake hair.

My barber suggested this procedure for me today. He said I'll need to come once a month to re-glue the fake hair.

He claims that this will look natural and allow me to do everything(like shower), but my fear is that in several months of going with these fake extensions my real thin hair will be lost by all the hair traction involved in this process. My barber say there is no reason for this to happen, but I doubt it.

What do you think ? I can hardly find anything on the internet regarding this procedure for men (or even the long term consequences for women with thin hair who do it)...

@peter

buddy are u by any chance in london or u.k? If so .. woul you please give me the contacts of that barber , I would like to give that procedure a try since I have had reasonable hair on my head before I shaved them to go for a system.

Grimoire

Reaction score
I have spoken to women with extensions and watched videos of extensions being applied. The traditional method applies a great deal of tension to the growing hair. Women have told me the procedure was actually painful. So from what I have seen and from what I have been told, there is no way that traction alopecia won't be a factor.

On the other hand, I have been told that there are newer, supposedly safer methods of attachment, but that is still no guarantee against hair loss.

A high-quality hair system (hairpiece) is still your best solution.