Anybody Ever Try Using Fluridil (eucapil)?

Castent

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you inject your own filler? Botox? Salon prices are exorbitant here.
I got sick of paying so much and finally did my own—Dysport, similar to Botox—for the first time a few months back. It worked well, a better job than what I'd been paying for. There are plenty of YouTube videos to explain it, along with some useful published research. There are two tricky things: First is finding a legitimate source. Seems like quite a few scams show up high in the search results. In any case, I noticed that a steroid site I'd used years ago offered it, so I thought it was worth the risk. And I did receive the legitimate product, albeit packaged for the European market. The other caveat is that at least with Dysport, you're paying ~$450 for 500 units. This is plenty for two treatments, which puts the cost per treatment at around a third of what I'd been paying. However, if you don't have someone to split the vial with then there's uncertainly about storing the extra. I used bacteriostatic saline for mixing, but even this shouldn't be trusted in the refrigerator for more than a week or two. I did end up freezing my extra in a few sterile vials. I have used some that I thawed for a touchup of the frown lines. I can't say for certain that the potency is similar to the fresh product. Maybe, maybe not. There's mixed information online, with the manufacturer specifically stating not to freeze it. But of course they have a conflict of interest. In any case, I've arranged to split the next vial with my sister so that I don't need to worry about it.

If you have serious interest then I can ramble on with additional tips.

Kind of off-topic for a first post, but your question prompted me to register. I've been reading the site for quite a while because unfortunately I do have hair loss.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got sick of paying so much and finally did my own—Dysport, similar to Botox—for the first time a few months back. It worked well, a better job than what I'd been paying for. There are plenty of YouTube videos to explain it, along with some useful published research. There are two tricky things: First is finding a legitimate source. Seems like quite a few scams show up high in the search results. In any case, I noticed that a steroid site I'd used years ago offered it, so I thought it was worth the risk. And I did receive the legitimate product, albeit packaged for the European market. The other caveat is that at least with Dysport, you're paying ~$450 for 500 units. This is plenty for two treatments, which puts the cost per treatment at around a third of what I'd been paying. However, if you don't have someone to split the vial with then there's uncertainly about storing the extra. I used bacteriostatic saline for mixing, but even this shouldn't be trusted in the refrigerator for more than a week or two. I did end up freezing my extra in a few sterile vials. I have used some that I thawed for a touchup of the frown lines. I can't say for certain that the potency is similar to the fresh product. Maybe, maybe not. There's mixed information online, with the manufacturer specifically stating not to freeze it. But of course they have a conflict of interest. In any case, I've arranged to split the next vial with my sister so that I don't need to worry about it.

If you have serious interest then I can ramble on with additional tips.

Kind of off-topic for a first post, but your question prompted me to register. I've been reading the site for quite a while because unfortunately I do have hair loss.
I want to discuss some things via DM or on here. Filler does amazing things and XY's trying to reassign as females without filler is hopeless unless one gets surgery which actually ends up being less expensive in the pretty short-run but filler and injections are controllable and I knew where in the cheek bones is best but it spreads out quickly too quickly regardless. I gave you love but let me give your your first like.

Janey

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to discuss some things via DM or on here. Filler does amazing things and XY's trying to reassign as females without filler is hopeless unless one gets surgery which actually ends up being less expensive in the pretty short-run but filler and injections are controllable and I knew where in the cheek bones is best but it spreads out quickly too quickly regardless. I gave you love but let me give your your first like.

Janey
Except for chemistry which eh, I am only a high school chemist, Janey knows pretty much all hair and beauty from reading and studying and looking at pics of real live girls as Janey loves to say. Tell me your limits and I will tell you the odds of restoring a little, some, a lot or all of your hair.<winks>
Janey

Castent

My Regimen
Reaction score

Janey
I had filler put in the nasolabial folds a couple times. It seems more involved and invasive than the Dysport. Presumably there are tutorials, but I think I'd want to understand facial anatomy better before attempting it. I wasn't very happy with the results either. The improvements were modest at best, but the main problem was that lines at the bottoms of the folds would darken at random times for months after the injections, thus accentuating what you're trying to un-accentuate.
Except for chemistry which eh, I am only a high school chemist, Janey knows pretty much all hair and beauty from reading and studying and looking at pics of real live girls as Janey loves to say. Tell me your limits and I will tell you the odds of restoring a little, some, a lot or all of your hair.<winks>
Janey
I'm actually an XY wanting to stay that way, and thus face some of the usual dilemmas when it comes to anti-androgens. Many years ago when I had only minor receding at the temples I used Propecia. The side effects kind of sneaked up on me, so time passed before I connected cause and effects and finally stopped. It took me a couple years to recover. More recently the hair loss is severe, both at the temples and with diffuse thinning back to the vertex. It's some consolation that it held off until my 50s, but the timing is still bad, coming as I start to think about the future now that a long relationship has ended. In any event, I've used minoxidil for a few years, which might be helping a little. It's the Lipogaine brand, which also has some supposed natural DHT-blockers. But they clearly aren't very effective. I've also tried RU and CB, but found the side effects intolerable. Just recently I've added topical ceterizine, and so far have not had problems with it. I may add topical spironolactone to the protocol in time. My expectations are not great with these. At times I seriously consider topical finasteride, but thinking about the misery caused by the oral version makes me hesitate.