Anybody else think like this?

Why me?

Reaction score
So I think its worse to have male pattern baldness hit us at a slow rate compared to just waking up and having the Norwood7 complete.

Cause if I just woke up bald then there would be nothing I can do about it..... instead I sit back and watch as it takes its course and hope that certain drugs will stop it compleatly (sp?)

Sirini

Reaction score
i hate to lose a battle

so it kills me to watch my hair thinning.

doctors are stupid. still calling hair loss a "genetic predisposition" . "nothing can be done about it"

still treating the problem with the same ancient way (reducing DHT and changing you into a woman)

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
Sirini said:
doctors are stupid. still calling hair loss a "genetic predisposition" ...still treating the problem with the same ancient way (reducing DHT and changing you into a woman)

Ummm... You have a better theory or treatment?

I notice the treatment you are on has grape extracts and shitake mushroom extract, ginsing and zinc listed as active ingredients... How is that plan working for you?

Sirini

Reaction score
Cornholio said:
Ummm... You have a better theory or treatment?

I notice the treatment you are on has grape extracts and shitake mushroom extract, ginsing and zinc listed as active ingredients... How is that plan working for you?

all the focus is on how to reduce or block DHT (which is stupid in my openion)
they should understand how exactly DHT affects the hair and find a CURE for that .

Phytoaxil : i've been on it for 2 days so i can't judge.
when i went to buy it from the pharmacy i found a new product from the same company called Phytotrixil . the price was unbelievable (around 74 us dollars) :freaked: so i bought Phytoaxil.

lordhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that there should have been a better treatment discovered by now

My idea is to have a pill that blocked the androgen receptors of the hair follicles, and therefore stopped the DHT from degrading the hair follicle

Noone seems to be exploring any other avenues for oral treatments

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
lordhair said:
My idea is to have a pill that blocked the androgen receptors of the hair follicles, and therefore stopped the DHT from degrading the hair follicle

They have that pill... It's called spirolactone, and it works. In blocking androgen receptors non-selectively you get long hair and breasts... Which is great if you live in California where that kind of thing flies (and will get you into specialty nudie movies), but here in the mid-west that is a side-effect that will just get you laughed at and kicked.

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

How can you comment on what hairloss researchers should and shouldn't do when you obviously have no idea what goes into these sort of research and developement endeavors? You sound like children. This would be like going into a cancer patient forum or AIDS patient forum and complaining why researchers haven't solved those problems yet and then commenting on what you (as someone who I am guessing has zero background in cancer, Aids or even hairloss research) think researchers with PhDs and highly advanced scientific knowledge should be doing. Very ignorant statements in my opinion.
Research takes time and lots of $$. DHT is a main component related to male pattern baldness and the fact that we are able to get any sort of reduction in the rate or scope of our male pattern baldness without serious side effects is actually very encouraging. There are other options but all are too dangerous because they effect your normal body chemistry too much and gov'ts conclude that they are not safe for the general population. Not to mention hair transplant.
Men lose their hair, it is a normal body function passed down for many many generations. This is not something that one would expect to easily change without serious side effects.
Sirini, finasteride in no way changes you into a woman, that's is just dumb.

lordhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think that I'm being childish (or ignorant), I just think that not much research is being carried out into other oral treatments because people think that propecia has this base covered

In terms of a pill to inhibit DHT receptors, I was talking about a selective inhibitor

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
Finding a cure for baldness would be great guys, but let's look at the big picture here. There are more important things in this world that scientist should be working on rather than hair loss... Cancer, Alzheimers, AIDS, MS, Autism, I mean hair loss is not THAT bad if you look at the big picture. It's great that scientist work on it, but just like anything else it takes time.

Just my 2 cents.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sirini said:
i hate to lose a battle

so it kills me to watch my hair thinning.

doctors are stupid. still calling hair loss a "genetic predisposition" . "nothing can be done about it"

still treating the problem with the same ancient way (reducing DHT and changing you into a woman)
Derm Docs are clueless for the most part because they are to busy pushing ALREADY in place regimens instead of trying to improve. Thier idea right now is indeed to make you a b**ch and that is not very accute. Hair loss is not set in stone from birth as far as your follicles are concerned.Your predisposed to a combination of gradual increased problem in inflammation,sebum production,hydration problem,blood flow,and hormone levels thus indirectly the follicles suffer not geneticly directly so.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
your regimen should have a product that deals with all of the issues such as those above. My personal regimen does such and is working.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: re:

Johnny24601 said:
How can you comment on what hairloss researchers should and shouldn't do when you obviously have no idea what goes into these sort of research and developement endeavors? You sound like children. This would be like going into a cancer patient forum or AIDS patient forum and complaining why researchers haven't solved those problems yet and then commenting on what you (as someone who I am guessing has zero background in cancer, Aids or even hairloss research) think researchers with PhDs and highly advanced scientific knowledge should be doing. Very ignorant statements in my opinion.
Research takes time and lots of $$. DHT is a main component related to male pattern baldness and the fact that we are able to get any sort of reduction in the rate or scope of our male pattern baldness without serious side effects is actually very encouraging. There are other options but all are too dangerous because they effect your normal body chemistry too much and gov'ts conclude that they are not safe for the general population. Not to mention hair transplant.
Men lose their hair, it is a normal body function passed down for many many generations. This is not something that one would expect to easily change without serious side effects.
Sirini, finasteride in no way changes you into a woman, that's is just dumb.
Large doeses of ellagic acid cures cancer in SC college studies. Its a cheap cure oohhhhh noooooo.