Anybody Else Had Problems With Erections And Libido On Finasteride? Can You Share Your Experience?

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been on finasteride for a year, it's been rocky start, but then it evened out and i somewhat had no sides for 8 months, but now, after all this time, my erections weakened extremely and i cant get hard from things i used. I cant get hard anymore just by thinking about sex or thinking about f*****g some hot girl, also my libido took a nose dive.
I read that those who quit finasteride a lot of times end up crashing hormones and its better to at least tamper off or to not get off it at all.
Most users here are bdd teenagers and youngsters of 21, so im not sure if anybody will relate, but if you do, please share your experiences.

jazz1

Reaction score
Hey I did initially have side effects and than switched to topical Finesteride 0.1% that I started using every 3rd day worked great. I now use daily until my body adjusted.

I reduced stress levels and I took horny goat weed along with zinc and complete amino acids plus multi vitamins.

I hope this helps, you could try the oral tablets every 3rd or 2nd day it will work the same as the half life is 72 hours and that will help minimise the sides. Alternatively you could consider topical Finesteride like myself which I have been using since 2011.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I experienced significantly reduced sex drive @ 2 month mark, then I reduced the dosage and things got much better. My libido is still significantly lower than before, but I am fine with it to some extent.

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been on finasteride for a year, it's been rocky start, but then it evened out and i somewhat had no sides for 8 months, but now, after all this time, my erections weakened extremely and i cant get hard from things i used. I cant get hard anymore just by thinking about sex or thinking about f*****g some hot girl, also my libido took a nose dive.
I read that those who quit finasteride a lot of times end up crashing hormones and its better to at least tamper off or to not get off it at all.
Most users here are bdd teenagers and youngsters of 21, so im not sure if anybody will relate, but if you do, please share your experiences.

I believe you erection 'quality' wise and libido wise BUT even castrated people can still achieve erections! So all I'm saying is dont panic that your dick doesnt work anymore. Maybe try a supplement and see if you can get the libido back somewhat

timoat

Reaction score
There are so many other factors that can reduce your sex drive and erection quality.

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
NO DICK, NO PROBLEM
This takes the hormonal approach to a whole new level... :D

So disingenuous lol! He should defo stop finasteride if it worries him. I'm trying to calm the guy down, libido is a funny thing like that and stressing about it is definitely counterproductive. Go ahead and tell him he's fucked it and doesnt have a chance of recovery.. f*** me get a grip. What a nonsense fabricated reply that was

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's hard life we have to live. I dont regret starting finasteride, because hair is life for people with certain skull shapes and faces, so yeah, i think ill tank through it for one more month, re-assess and then decide what to do.

Also anybody here knows if post finasteride victims had their hormone levels shaken and off the standard tanges or in blood tests everything was fine, but they still felt off?
@Pigeon