Any way to terminate Ashley & Martin contract?

jamesrod

Reaction score
I'm 24. An oversea student in Melbourne.
I've signed a contract from Ashley & Martin for the hair loss program 2 weeks ago (8th July).
The whole program costs $4480 and I paid the first deposit $560 and get some shampoo and conditioner.
Now I regret my decision. I cannot accept the side effects that the pills would give me even if the chance of getting the side effect is rare.
They only explained the side effects to me and give me the pills on my second visit which is 15th July. After I back home, I took the first pill and started to do some research online about the side effects.
After considering the side effects that could happen, I decided to stop taking the pills and would like to stop the contract as well.
However, the contract stated "there is no cooling off period" which I didn't notice at the time I signed it.
Is there any way to terminate the contract if this situation happens and any chance I can get my money back?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
They have over a 98% success rate. Their the #1 medical hair centre. They have treated over 500,000 patients world wide. Pretty impressive. What makes you think they are a rip off? If you signed a contract, then most likely you are screwed. Might as well go for it and report back with your experience. Take plenty of pics. Good luck.

carlie555

Reaction score
Mr

I'm 24. An oversea student in Melbourne.
I've signed a contract from Ashley & Martin for the hair loss program 2 weeks ago (8th July).
The whole program costs $4480 and I paid the first deposit $560 and get some shampoo and conditioner.
Now I regret my decision. I cannot accept the side effects that the pills would give me even if the chance of getting the side effect is rare.
They only explained the side effects to me and give me the pills on my second visit which is 15th July. After I back home, I took the first pill and started to do some research online about the side effects.
After considering the side effects that could happen, I decided to stop taking the pills and would like to stop the contract as well.
However, the contract stated "there is no cooling off period" which I didn't notice at the time I signed it.
Is there any way to terminate the contract if this situation happens and any chance I can get my money back?

I subscribed to Ashley & Martin. Their treatment did nothing for me at all. Finally they gave me a bottle of stuff that they called liquid gold. It gave me a headache. I poured it down the drain.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ashley & Martin provides:

propecia
7% minoxidil once a day
saw palmetto
shampoo & conditioner
laser helmet that you can come use at the clinic once a week

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ashley & Martin provides:

propecia
7% minoxidil once a day
saw palmetto
shampoo & conditioner
laser helmet that you can come use at the clinic once a week

For $4480? Is this a joke?

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For $4480? Is this a joke?

nope, its an absolute ****ing joke these kind of business can exist. Their ads are everywhere and everyone seems to consider them some kind of honorable business. They basically charge you thousands for the information we all know. The big 3 plus some other gimmicks. I have seriously contemplated putting up posters around their places of business telling people what the deal is.

The thing is in Australia we get a lot of these blokey non techy types who would never think to research this kind of sh!t, some very old fashioned people here (I guess they are everywhere) and they capitalize off the ignorance. Doesn't help Shane Warne the dodgy bastard was one of their advocates.

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Finasterade pills they've given you are only cheap, like $80 for a years supply. I dunno if you can or not get out of the contract. But if not I would go to the media. And expose them for charging $4480 just to give you some cheap products.

TheLoneWolf

My Regimen
Reaction score
OP, without seeing the contract I can't say, but my advice is to read through it thoroughly and see if there's any termination clauses in there. It may be that you could go see your family physician and have him write a short letter saying you shouldn't take those particular products and see if you can get out that way. You could also just try calling them and seeing what they say. Generally speaking, a contract is legally binding but they may let you go to avoid any bad word of mouth/publicity.