Any Way To Get Azealic Acid Without Min?

Bornwithacurse225

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Title.

just want to add it to my already going regimen without adding min. I cant find it anywhere and it’s only in like lotions but the whole point is I wanna avoid toxic chemicals in cosmetics.

_Ayae

My Regimen
Reaction score
Azelaic acid is not water-soluble, so you can only find it in creams or gels.
There's a kinda new AA derivative (potassium azeloyl diglycinate) that is water-soluble and conveys many of the same benefits as 'normal' azelaic acid.

There have been some studies that show AA works (PAD has only been tested on skin), but all in cases with alopecia areata or totalis which both are autoimmune diseases and require a different sort of treatment than male pattern baldness. AA works very well against facial redness/inflammation caused by acne or rosacea, so that's probably why it helps those with inflammation due to autoimmune diseases as well. Male pattern baldness is just caused by a hair susceptibility to DHT. Yes, AA is a potent 5a-r inhibitor, but topicals don't get much in your blood system at all to have a noticeable impact on DHT. Just take finasteride (and add topical minoxidil), or just don't bother.

Or better use AA on your skin. You may go bald, but at least you'll have bright skin.

platelets

My Regimen
Reaction score
Azelaic acid is not water-soluble, so you can only find it in creams or gels.
There's a kinda new AA derivative (potassium azeloyl diglycinate) that is water-soluble and conveys many of the same benefits as 'normal' azelaic acid.

There have been some studies that show AA works (PAD has only been tested on skin), but all in cases with alopecia areata or totalis which both are autoimmune diseases and require a different sort of treatment than male pattern baldness. AA works very well against facial redness/inflammation caused by acne or rosacea, so that's probably why it helps those with inflammation due to autoimmune diseases as well. Male pattern baldness is just caused by a hair susceptibility to DHT. Yes, AA is a potent 5a-r inhibitor, but topicals don't get much in your blood system at all to have a noticeable impact on DHT. Just take finasteride (and add topical minoxidil), or just don't bother.

Or better use AA on your skin. You may go bald, but at least you'll have bright skin.

if topical anti-androgens are effective, then what's the point with RU58841 and CB?

_Ayae

My Regimen
Reaction score
It may work to prevent DHT buildup in the hair follicles, but won't get in your blood system as well as oral finasteride/duta does. Thus is much less efficient. I think most here would agree that using vitamin C serum on your skin won't result in higher vitamin C values in the body.

Chronic Tronic

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think finasteride needs to go systemic for it to work. It probably works like 10% better than topical in terms of how much is getting to where it needs to go

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think finasteride needs to go systemic for it to work. It probably works like 10% better than topical in terms of how much is getting to where it needs to go

Well, a bit will always go systematic. But if it helps ppl to not imagine themselves getting side effects why not.

if topical anti-androgens are effective, then what's the point with RU58841 and CB?

Because according to your logic you block only 5ar in the hair follice with topical finasteride. 5ar breaks down testo to DHT, 5ar inhibitors like finasteride and dutasteride prevent exactly this. If according to your logic, no significant amount of finasteride goes systematic (and there will be, and it will be effective as you need only very little. even less as normal as you do not need to go through oral metabolism), then this will not be able to prevent blood DHT from reaching your hair folliced and binding there to AR.

CB/RU block the entire AR receptor (from both: t and dht), so it does not really matter where the androgens come from. The only thing that matters here, is that CB/RU are first to come. This is because both got lower affinity than DHT, so a combined treatment with 5ar inhibitors would be expected to be even more effective.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There’s few companies online that sell the flakes.
Yeah, you want to buy the flakes. The powder is almost impossible to dissolve in a standard eth/pg vehicle.

@pegasus2: I can’t think of anything sadder than searching someone’s history to dislike a post simply because the person disliked a post of you being a jerk.

Last edited:

jazz1

Reaction score
I use to buy the flakes online, I will check my emails and see what company I used in the past.