Any way to attach hair system other than Glue or Tape?

ABloke112

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know that people who don't have hair loss, but wears wigs for other reasons, will use clips to keep it attached, however obviously if you have severe hair loss this may not be possible as you don't have anything to clip it to.

Is there any other way to attach it?

Also when you use glue to attach it, how much do you use? Do you apply it all over your head, or just around the edges?

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For toppers the clips mentioned are possible, but pose their own problems. Full caps are usually attached by tie and/or tightness.

I believe those with skin pieces usually apply glue all over and those with lace apply around the edges.

ABloke112

My Regimen
Reaction score
For toppers the clips mentioned are possible, but pose their own problems. Full caps are usually attached by tie and/or tightness.

I believe those with skin pieces usually apply glue all over and those with lace apply around the edges.
What are full caps? Is that like a complete head hair system if you are NW7 level bald?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are new hair systems that attach via vacuum suction. I don't know if they're yet available for men, but here is some more info:

I am sure I saw another company advertising the same method of attachment, but I can't remember who it was. Anyway it seems an interesting concept. You can also get hair integration systems that integrate with your existing bio hair on top. Again, I'm not sure if these are available for men:

ABloke112

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are new hair systems that attach via vacuum suction. I don't know if they're yet available for men, but here is some more info:

I am sure I saw another company advertising the same method of attachment, but I can't remember who it was. Anyway it seems an interesting concept. You can also get hair integration systems that integrate with your existing bio hair on top. Again, I'm not sure if these are available for men:

Thanks for the links, that looks interesting, hopefully it becomes more widely available. I wonder how long they last, potentially years if there's no glue and stuff.

I suppose if they only made them for women, you could always just buy one of the ones for women, and then cut the hair.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score

They don't work...

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Which ones, the vacuum ones? I have seen a lot of people online saying they do, have you tried one? I think they aren't great unless they are custom made.

I haven't tried them, we don't sell them. We have clients that have tried them, and were disappointed.

"have seen a lot of people online saying they do" people online say lots of things... it doesn't mean that it's true.

The comments were... "they pushed me into getting a full cap because you need a large surface area for it to stay on". And "it was uncomfortable".

None of the factories that we deal with offer them. If they worked, they would be mainstream. They don't, so they aren't.

ABloke112

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't tried them, we don't sell them. We have clients that have tried them, and were disappointed.

"have seen a lot of people online saying they do" people online say lots of things... it doesn't mean that it's true.

The comments were... "they pushed me into getting a full cap because you need a large surface area for it to stay on". And "it was uncomfortable".

None of the factories that we deal with offer them. If they worked, they would be mainstream. They don't, so they aren't.
I mean fair enough if that's what you've heard, I've heard differently. I know people online can lie, but that applies here too, but I tend to trust people if they don't have any obvious reason to lie.

I have seen some people saying they can get a bit hot, but there are some that use lace apparently, should solve that issue, plus you can take them off every day, so it's not as big of a deal (in fairness I live in the UK, so warm weather isn't very common lol, your signature says you are in Israel, I imagine the heat issue would be more there, so maybe it depends where you live).

They aren't mainstream in mens hair but I think they are a bit more in the womens hair world (just based on the fact that everyone I see mentioning them online is female). They are also quite expensive, so that's another reason they might not be that mainstream. Although people say they are about 6k, but then they say they last 4-5 years, which puts them about on par with most hair system costs per year that I have seen, at least in the UK. Although it can be more difficult to get 6k upfront than 6k over 5 years. I imagine if a bloke wanted one it would be cheaper, 4 inch hair instead of 10-12 inches.
(Plus womens hairloss is a lot less common than in men)

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Although people say they are about 6k, but then they say they last 4-5 years, which puts them about on par with most hair system costs per year that I have seen, at least in the UK. Although it can be more difficult to get 6k upfront than 6k over 5 years. I imagine if a bloke wanted one it would be cheaper, 4 inch hair instead of 10-12 inches.
(Plus womens hairloss is a lot less common than in men)

It says on their website that they cost between $420 and $880 for a custom: https://newlacecu.com/product/vacuum-wig-whit-ilace-top/

Also, remember they are full cap too so they're not going to be any good for people like us who wear partial systems and still have bio hair on our back and sides. It is an interesting concept, but whether they actually work I personally could not say. I think tape and/or glue are fine once you get the hang of them, and until someone comes up with something better then that's what we'll have to use I guess.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are full caps? Is that like a complete head hair system if you are NW7 level bald?

A full cap is a wig/hair system that covers a totally bald head (in the area where the bio hair once was), so you would have to either be completely bald or shave all your hair off to wear one. That's not something I personally want to do - even with long hair, I still have plenty at the back and sides and just wear a partial system on top. However a full cap might suit some people, and others have no choice but to go the full cap route (or be bald).

ABloke112

My Regimen
Reaction score
It says on their website that they cost between $420 and $880 for a custom: https://newlacecu.com/product/vacuum-wig-whit-ilace-top/

Also, remember they are full cap too so they're not going to be any good for people like us who wear partial systems and still have bio hair on our back and sides. It is an interesting concept, but whether they actually work I personally could not say. I think tape and/or glue are fine once you get the hang of them, and until someone comes up with something better then that's what we'll have to use I guess.
I suppose they would work if you shaved all of it off, but I can understand not wanting to do that. I mean atm in no where near needing any kindof hair system really, this is more for the future, as I don't really like the idea of applying all these glues to my scalp for years.

Do you think these vacuum wigs will be still be being produced like 10 years in the future?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I suppose they would work if you shaved all of it off, but I can understand not wanting to do that. I mean atm in no where near needing any kindof hair system really, this is more for the future, as I don't really like the idea of applying all these glues to my scalp for years.

Do you think these vacuum wigs will be still be being produced like 10 years in the future?

Who knows, but I expect hair systems to have improved even more in 10 years time - that's if the world ever returns to some semblance of normality, that is!

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, I once had a thick (don't remember the thickness, but it certainly wasn't UTS) poly piece in the standard 8x10, which is substantially larger than the area I've receeded & thinned out.

It stuck/vacuumed on very well IMO. It was VERY hot, so I'd want to take it off at night, and no adhesive meant no fuss.

On occassion, I'd stick a FEW pieces of tape on it, not even on the edges, and the hold would be ridiculous. Removal of the piece was difficult, as was removal of the tape (compared to lace).

ABloke112

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, I once had a thick (don't remember the thickness, but it certainly wasn't UTS) poly piece in the standard 8x10, which is substantially larger than the area I've receeded & thinned out.

It stuck/vacuumed on very well IMO. It was VERY hot, so I'd want to take it off at night, and no adhesive meant no fuss.

On occassion, I'd stick a FEW pieces of tape on it, not even on the edges, and the hold would be ridiculous. Removal of the piece was difficult, as was removal of the tape (compared to lace).
Was that a proper vacuum wig? How much did it cost? I have seen a few prices online but they are mainly for women's ones which I assume are gonna be more expensive as they need to have longer hair in most cases.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it was a stock all non-UTS poly - hot as hell to wear, but it suctioned on pretty outstandingly.

With a little reinforcement - by tape - it was unstoppable.

And I did get it cut - the length - but did keep the 8x10 dimensions intact, so it'd hug my head better.

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
harold.png