Any views on Centrum multivitamin?

Bismarck

Reaction score
nexus81 said:
One of my family friends who is a GP, said centrum multivitamin is good for hair. I have recently started taking a tablet a day.

Is it helpful to fight male pattern baldness even in slightest case or besides are there any ingredients that will be helpful to the health of hair?

http://www.centrum.co.uk/products/centrum.htm

I don't think so. Maybe a healthy diet (supporting androgen synthesis) is even bad for the hair of male pattern baldness sufferers.
Generally, I tend to be very sceptical of vitamin supplements.

WindyCityHair

Reaction score
I've been taking the Centrum vitamins for a month now, I can't really tell if it's helping my hair but my finger nails are growing as fast as hell.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Interesting that you should ask this. I've been taking the vitamin supplements that you mentioned for the last year and it does seem to help my overall health as well as my hair health.

Greg

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep I take centrum too I haven't been sick in a while, maybe the multi has something to do with it

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys..btw I did not mean by any chance that centrum is a replacement for Finasteride. :lol:

I sure hope its good for my hair and health in general. :)

The Gardener

Reaction score
If you are looking for a quality multivitamin, here is the sh*t.

I suggest this, a combination of a multivitamin drink and a supplemental B-complex capsule. Scroll down to read the contents.
http://www.enzy.com/products/display.as ... PBDID=1497

Here is the cheapest place to buy it:
http://www.vitacost.com

I use Teitlebaum's Daily Energy enfusion above, plus his Adrenal supplement, and his Sleep enhancing supplement before bedtime. The stuff is amazing. The Adrenal supplement was recommended to me for fatigue and is probably not for everyone, but it truly turned me into a new man. The whole package really improved my late afternoon energy level, I just have more consistent energy throughout the day and it had a great impact on my overall mood. It's a bit expensive, but if you want to try a quality nutritional supplement, I highly recommend this one.

Reaction score
Yes, I have a view on Multi-Vitamins!
My view is the inside of my toilet after I ingest one pill without enough food.
Seriously, sometimes a decent sized meal isnt enough for me... I have to eat like a buffet of food for me not to dry heave or yack up yellow stuff...

But, anyways,...I have been taking other vitamins and herbs, etc. eating healthy, and I have not noticed anything that I would say helped my male pattern baldness.....BUT, I think my hair is way healthier!!!

But, then again...my fingernails and toenails grow at a rapid rate when I am taking vitamins,... and Ive read that your hair and fingernails are basically comprised of the same exact substances....maybe there is a connnection.....
a cone-nek-shee-own? eh? eh?...................doh!

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:

I suggest this, a combination of a multivitamin drink and a supplemental B-complex capsule. Scroll down to read the contents.

I use Teitlebaum's Daily Energy enfusion above, plus his Adrenal supplement, and his Sleep enhancing supplement before bedtime. The stuff is amazing. The Adrenal supplement was recommended to me for fatigue and is probably not for everyone, but it truly turned me into a new man. The whole package really improved my late afternoon energy level, I just have more consistent energy throughout the day and it had a great impact on my overall mood. It's a bit expensive, but if you want to try a quality nutritional supplement, I highly recommend this one.

Thanks for the informative post gardener. I might give this one a try. But what are your views on effects of multivitamins on hair apart from the good effects on health and immunity in general?

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GeorgeCantStandya said:
But, then again...my fingernails and toenails grow at a rapid rate when I am taking vitamins,... and Ive read that your hair and fingernails are basically comprised of the same exact substances....maybe there is a connnection.....
a cone-nek-shee-own? eh? eh?...................doh!

Well ..I am already lazy to cut my nails on regular basis. Damn...the multivitamins are gonna make me a vampire. :lol:

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
Georgecantstandya, I had the same problem with a multi i used to take called One a day Mens multivitamin. I would literally purge within the hour I took it. Give centrum a try because my weak stomach could tolerate it.

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nexus81 said:
Well ..I am already lazy to cut my nails on regular basis. Damn...the multivitamins are gonna make me a vampire. :lol:

Then you should definitely not take MSM. That stuff will make your hair and nails grow 3x as fast.

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:

I may try this, Gardener. I have problems with "brain fog" and fatigue even though I work out 4 days a week. Thanks for the head's up.

Reaction score
The shedder said:
Georgecantstandya, I had the same problem with a multi i used to take called One a day Mens multivitamin. I would literally purge within the hour I took it. Give centrum a try because my weak stomach could tolerate it.

Thanks man! I will buy some centrum over the weekend.
The MV I was taking was the One a Days,... for some reason I still cant fathom I had problems with it 2 years ago, gave it away, then bought the One A DAy MAXIMUMS .... big mistake......

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
centrum is as is as effective as eating 2 banana's a day to firght hairloss. It may have some health benifit's including better hair quality, providied your diet consists of eating 12 meat pies a day and 6litres of coke.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Social Drinker, what in the tar is that guy doing in your gif?

Greg

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That is the Jesus from The Big Lebowski. He is polishing his ball. His bowling ball.

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
Multi's are suggested, indeed. You always should take them AFTER a meal, so the small intestine may slowly absorb the nutrients mixed with the food you ate.

An empty stomach will liquify the vitamins and the kidneys will eliminate most of the constituents.

I prefer powder form vit's in a capsule rather that those like Centrum. They are extremely compressed and many times are eliminated before they actually disintegrate completely.

Now, do they really help hairloss, yes in theory (the anti-oxidants protect from free radical damage to follicles) but no in terms of reduction of hair loss. The problem is that the follicle is hardening and becoming detatched from the blood supply where the nutrients are.

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
goingoinbutnotgone said:
Multi's are suggested, indeed. You always should take them AFTER a meal, so the small intestine may slowly absorb the nutrients mixed with the food you ate.

An empty stomach will liquify the vitamins and the kidneys will eliminate most of the constituents.

I prefer powder form vit's in a capsule rather that those like Centrum. They are extremely compressed and many times are eliminated before they actually disintegrate completely.

Now, do they really help hairloss, yes in theory (the anti-oxidants protect from free radical damage to follicles) but no in terms of reduction of hair loss. The problem is that the follicle is hardening and becoming detatched from the blood supply where the nutrients are.

Thanks for the informative post bro! :)