Any Tips On Keeping A Hairline Clean?

Jonnym

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys! Been reading the forum for a while, first time posting.
I've been wearing different systems for about a year now but a swiss lace for nearly 5 months now. I've played around with different tapes and glue. I generally tape sides and back and then bond the front using Walker ultrahold.

I've been finding it almost darkens the hair line and makes it super obvious. Any solutions? I use a system by MHE. It has a natural recession and thinner hairline. Could this be the issue? Any help would be so appreciated!
Thanks

Noah

Reaction score
So the darkening is the result of applying the glue, rather than it getting dirty as you wear it? That is unusual. Could it be that the front lace is not fully cleaned, and the residual dirt shows up when it is applied with glue? What is your cleaning routine?

Noah

Jonnym

My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks good for a few hours, then it almost create a dark ridge after that. I'm not super sure what's going on with it. I generally remove and clean with lace release and alcohol once a week. Could I be using too much glue?

Thanks for your reply!

Noah

Reaction score
Are you allowing the glue to become dry before you apply the lace? It should be the same consistency as the gum on the back of a Post-It note - tacky, but dry.

It sounds like it starts clean but gets dirty really quickly. Do you live or work somewhere unusually polluted? It's not always apparent - for example when I worked in London my white shirts always had a really grimy collar at the end of the day, and I couldn't work out why. Then I started cycling into work and the grimy collars ceased. It was the short journey to work and back using the London Underground that was causing the grime.

If it might be that, you could try getting some matt hairgel (one without alcohol). After you have the lace in place, put a bit of gel on your finger and work it lightly into the hairline. Unlike the Ultrahold, which stays tacky, it will dry completely, and seal in the tackiness.

Noah.