Any tips on how to apply 5% spironolactone Cream during the day...

CCS

Reaction score
I think bryan does it with dermavan and says it disappears just fine. I don't know how the calcium sulfate filler could disappear, though, and still would like to remove it or just put RU in the dermavan. Ask him about it. You can make a year supply of 5% cream for $6 per month.

Felk

Reaction score
Oooh, please elaborate college. Is that years supply of 5% spironolactone using dermovan, as in Bryan's 3% recipe?

CCS

Reaction score
yes, it is using bryan's recipe, at a slightly higher dose.

JWM

Reaction score
Been there; done that. The Dermovan spironolactone not only irritated my scalp, but one it DOES dry the fillers make it look as though you walked through a snow storm.

I am very tempted to get back on a low dose of dutasteride but I want to add a strong topical AA. I am already starting Flut but was flirting with the idea of trying spironolactone twice a day.

CCS

Reaction score
if you take flut you might as well take it orally.

as for the AA, what is the price compared to revivogen vials? I guess the AA is cheaper. I thought bryan said it does not work in vivo, but I don't remember the study, so I can't say for sure.

I'm still trying to find out a way to dissolve spironolactone in a 4% solution without dissolving the pill with it. Of course RU would avoid this problem since it is pure.

exstatic

Reaction score
I part my hair every 3-4cms and apply the spironolactone cream directly to my scalp, then wait about 10-15mins for absorbtion then brush my hair, cant even notice it :)

powersam

Reaction score
JWM, this works for me but i have quite short hair. i apply the 5% spironolactone and rub it in good. then get a towel or whatever and use it like i was drying my hair after a shower. messes up the hair and stops it clumping together, which is what makes your hair look shite and thin.