Any Tie-breaker Stories Out There For Regimens Plus One?

ScottS

My Regimen
Reaction score
It has been a very long time since I posted on HairLossTalk.com. Or any hairloss forum.

My current regimen is:
Dutasteride Generic from Costco 0.5/Once Daily
Minoxidil 5% 1oz/Twice Daily
Nizoral Shampoo OTC 1% 3-5X/Weekly
CoQ10 - 1 Tablet Daily
Magnesium - 1 Tablet Daily
Tumeric 500mg/Once Daily
Multivitamin/Once Daily

I have mostly maintained my hair with this regimen. Virtually zero loss in my crown bald spot in the past decade plus. However....front region slowly....slowly....slowly going.

I am blessed with enough coverage for now, to not feel a panic.
However...I have considered SMP, hair transplant (one day), and have my fingers crossed for Hair Cloning for hair transplant one fine day.

My question: has anyone been on a regimen for a long time, added just ONE "tie-breaker" that you could recommend? Right now my regimen is very affordable with the generics from Costco, Amazon, Target, and the like. I'm not breaking my bank, nor do I want to.

But...anyone find that just adding "tricomin" or "folligen" or "topical spironolactone" or a special shampoo that just turned the corner for you? I thought when I added dutasteride two years ago that I was moving into a dramatic "new land" for me...and that that "risk" (albeit small) would represent a real change. The biggest change is that I have no side-effects AND mostly good maintenance. I never have had side-effects, but the maintenance has improved slightly. Still....I look at all things except concealers as options for me.

I really do not want to go hairpiece, Toppik (not a diss on a good company and product, from what I've read), nor the drama of a hair transplant (financial limitations). The SMP has seemed like a possibility, with the predicited $3-5K expense, if I saved for years. But the truth is...I've seen the "mock-up" on me, and I don't especially like that look on me. Some wear it well. The crop cut on handsome men looks just fine, almost like a MLB Player look. But not on me.

SO! Any "tie-breakers" for your regimen out there?

Thanks!

ScottS
:)

ScottS

My Regimen
Reaction score
No input?
No share?

Fair enough. Just surprised that there is no dialogue on anyone with anything working that sparked growth. Maybe it just shows how dire the regrowth is these days...

ScottS

My Regimen
Reaction score
Several people have added microneedling, and seen their results jumpstarted. Very cheap, and you don't have to do it every day.
I've read about this, too. Thanks for the suggestion. Love that it doesn't cost an arm and leg!

ScottS

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the supportive ideas from HairLossTalk.com Respondents! Truly appreciate your taking the time to offer ideas.

That is SO helpful that after many YEARS on my current regimen, I have added dermarolling for the first time in my life.

Began yesterday afternoon as my roller arrived. I will begin with this protocol and eventually post Before/After Pics:
1. Micro Needle Dermaroller 0.25/3X Week
2. Castor Oil Applied After my 5 minutes of rolling.

Current Hair Regrowth Protocol:
*Dutasteride 0.5mg/1X Daily (Costco Generic with Medical Wellness Center Prescription from Dr. Katz)
*Minoxidil 5% Solution/2X Daily (Costco Kirkland or Target)
*Nizoral Shampoo 3XWeekly (1% OTC)
*Multivitamins
*D3 Supplement
*Turmeric 1000mg Daily (Costco)
*Magnesium 500mg Daily
*Pro-Biotic Daily

First impression was that the roller actually felt good! The stimulation felt like a nice finger nail scalp rub. No post-irritation. Castor Oil was amazing in how it felt. I have read that increasing needle size to 1.0 or even 1.5 stimulates an additional level in the scalp. Will possibly move to that, but I know that this is a 3-6 month process. I'm going to move slowly, with nothing to lose...(except, perhaps, more hair). I applied the roller horizontally, vertically, diagonally about 10 swipes each, in each of my frontal left, frontal right, and crown areas.

Again...will post pics. I did a "before" set of shots already.

Thanks again for the feedback. I have no problem with aging as a healthy, vibrant, happy(!), fulfilled person with great relationships, a career I've loved, and new creation pursuits of trekking, photography, teaching, hobby farming, and writing. This hair loss thingy has been a project for over 30 years(!). Would love to see change in my finasteride-min-nizoral trio!

All My Best!
Scott S
:)