Any Styling Wax Suggestions For Thinning Hair?

Ben13738

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have any suggestions on what ailing wax to use? The one I currently use makes my hair really greasy and makes my thinning look worse. Any suggestions? Thx

Ben13738

Established Member
Reaction score
Paste or Clay works pretty well for thinning hair, wax definitely is going to be tough not to emphasize any thinning.
I've been looking at some previous threads and hellouser suggested Kevin Murphy night rider paste?

shookwun

Reaction score
roll back, must of changed it out.

shookwun

Reaction score
It's weird though. I could register, and I get my email from my k9gatton account?

Really not sure why this is going on. Nobody else is having these issues.

Was honest about this account.
Message one of the moderators to get your situation addressed.

Derpicus

Established Member
Reaction score
If it's really thin, you should use pomeade, not gel. Gel usually makes thin hair look worse.

Pomade is generally pretty bad as well. At least from my experience, and any water based product normally makes thin hair look worse.

To get something that helps achieve a thicker look you want to use a clay, texture cream, or even a non water based wax.

I personally like the Hanz De Fuko line. I recommend Quicksand as a pre-styler, and then I really like Claymation as the main styler.

I've also tried out Kevin Murphy's Night Rider texture paste as I believe hellhouser recommended it a previous thread, and it worked pretty well. But I found that if you use to much of it it can cause clumping. But once you get used to how much to use its a great styling product.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've also tried out Kevin Murphy's Night Rider texture paste as I believe hellhouser recommended it a previous thread, and it worked pretty well. But I found that if you use to much of it it can cause clumping. But once you get used to how much to use its a great styling product.
Same experience with Night rider. If you use too much, your scalp will be exposed and the volume of the hair will suffer. A little goes a very long way.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know what will help you best.

Taft powder + hairspray.

Dont use gels wax stylist products. Its not for you, they are merging hairs. You need something that will make your one piece of hair looking like 3. I use 2 years powder + hairspray and probably ill never switch to something else since my hairs are really thin construction. Almost they look like poop or called worse like sh*t

Ben13738

Established Member
Reaction score
How do you guys style your hair lol? I'm trying to find a style that works best for me, I want to be able to spike my hair up, maybe in a kind of faux hawk style?

youngster

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hanz De Fuko - Quicksand is what I use. Great for thin hair, doesn't make it look thinner at all.