any reported adverse reactions/death from Minoxidil?

$tackz

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously... minoxidil can cause hypertension / irregular heartbeat / chestpain and all that... I'm sure someone with a bad heart could have some adverse reactions to topical Minoxidil seeing as a little gets absorbed systematically.

Cardiac Arrest anyone?

$tackz

Established Member
Reaction score
No one... Bryan maybe? I know there are definitely rumors that someone died from it before, but not sure if there is actually a documented case on this or not.

diffuse propecia

Established Member
Reaction score
I do not believe there are any death related reactions from topical minoxidil as only about 1-2% of the min. reaches your blood ( in the insert? ) 1-2% of 100 mg ( 2 doses per day) is only 1-2 mg of minoxidil hitting your blood stream daily, keep in mind that oral minoxidil is regularly used in treating hypertension and according to the rxlist website ( The recommended initial dosage of minoxidil tablets is 5 mg of minoxidil given as a single daily dose. Daily dosage can be increased to 10, 20 and then to 40 mg in single or divided doses if required for optimum blood pressure control. The effective dosage range is usually 10 to 40 mg per day. The maximum recommended dosage is 100 mg per day ) can be used in dosages up to 100 mg per day, that is 50 times the amount that is hitting your blood, and I doubt that the maximum recommended dosage would have a high mortality or side effect rate.

keep in mind that I am no expert and my post should be read with that thought on your mind, you should perform your own research ( or contact a more experienced poster ) and speak to a doctor before making any decisions.