Any recent news regarding the pgd2 discovery?

soma_72

Reaction score
Oh, you know how is it, how it has always been, and how it will always be: maybe in 5 years...

abcdefg

Reaction score
I dont think there are any treatments for male pattern baldness using this discovery yet in any trials. Yes there are other internal things I think in trials that target this same thing, but we do not want another internal for this. Also I find it odd that no company with treatments in trials right now for other things has said or shown evidence of any kind that this PGD 2 discovery actually works for hair loss. There is basically no documented evidence this does anything at all for hair loss but there are things in trials right now that target this exact thing so why no pictures or reports of any men in these trials regrowing or stopping hair growth? Are these companies seriously not trying to treat 2 problems at once? If they see no results just tell us instead of hyping this up

ldk13

Reaction score
Kinda like with the cb 03 01. I have heard that it could treat male pattern baldness with no major sides. But the only tests done with it have been with acne.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I just briefly looked and could not find anything but I know I read a study for it maybe it was for the acne trials which are farther along. I still think this sounds pretty promising as a way to safely keep your hair which propecia does not do perfectly. Over time a lot of people still slowly lose hair over the years.

resu

Reaction score
Just go to Cosmopharma's website, they own the patent.

http://www.cosmopharmaceuticals.com/activities/pipeline/cb.aspx

CB-03-01

CB-03-01, a molecule patented by Cosmo, is a steroidal ester, androgen antagonist derived from 11-deoxycortisone, which tightly mimics the profile of an ideal anti-androgen for topical use.
The objective is to create a product for topical application to treat acne, male pattern baldness, and seborrhoea that does not have the side effects of products currently being taken in tablet form.
An IND was filed in the US for CB-03-01 for acne. Clinical trials are planned to start in the USA in Q2 2012.
Cosmo's patents expire in the year 2022 and 2028.

ldk13

Reaction score
I just found a update a medical website called pubmed. Appearently this CB-03-01 is suppose to be twice as strong as finasteride w/out any sides. It also looks like it will be a all topical drug.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I just found a update a medical website called pubmed. Appearently this CB-03-01 is suppose to be twice as strong as finasteride w/out any sides. It also looks like it will be a all topical drug.

Which stage of trials??

oops...nevermind

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It must be difficult for the scientists to concentrate over the collective moans of agony from all bald men ringing in their ears.

abcdefg

Reaction score
In fairness there is some secrecy to this kind of stuff because there is a lot of money at stake so if they had results with PGD 2 they would probably not share it until it was nearly done so no companies could copy them

akp22191

Reaction score
They're not going to tell you if one of the side effects is hair growth. You know why? Cause the medications they're making are covered by insurance & people will start faking allergic symptoms just to get them for hair loss; some doctors are cool enough to hook you up with prescriptions not needed for intended purposes. Just like Merk didn't tell anyone with proscar that one of the side effects was hair growht. When it was Proscar was approved by the FDA, they instead named negative side effects such as libido and ****. Not one side effect of hair growth. They did this so they can make more money out of a cosmetic medication, which usually isn't covered by insurance. These companies are smart assholes, but at the same time so ****ing greedy. Oh well at the end though both the patients and companies end up with benefits.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Right welcome to capitalism. They are also pretty good at keeping patents as long as possible with cheap tricks like reformulating them or whatever. Also CB 03 01 is farther along for acne take a guess why its that over hair loss? Acne market many times larger even though acne is less serious problem and arguably has better treatments already then male pattern baldness does.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I think like the PGD 2 thing that just appeared out of nowhere so will the next treatment or next big thing. I never heard anyone mention PGD2 at all until one day the news hammered everyone about the cure in 2 years.