Any Reason To Go For Fue If You Already Have A Fut Scar ?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi :
I got two hair transplants ( back in 1998 and 2000 ) . Ear to ear scar. Keep almot all my hair cause meds and simple want to repair the old hair transplants.

IF there any valid reason to choose FUE over FUT in my case ? since I already have the damn scar ?
What is your advice guys ? Anyone in the same situation ?

THANKS in advance !!

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also had a fut about 15 years ago and plan on getting fue into my scar to break up the straight line if nothing else. Smp hisd it but got tired of having to shave with a razor in order to hide the scar. So I would say fue is still an option for you.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also had a fut about 15 years ago and plan on getting fue into my scar to break up the straight line if nothing else. Smp hisd it but got tired of having to shave with a razor in order to hide the scar. So I would say fue is still an option for you.

Thanks for your answer. But you just want to "conceal " the scar or also repair the "pluggy look " ( if you have that ) ? thanks

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did smp last when put in ur scar?

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer. But you just want to "conceal " the scar or also repair the "pluggy look " ( if you have that ) ? thanks
Yes just want to conceal the scar line I have.
Like I said I got smp done and it did conceal the scar as long as you had your head shaved down with a razor. As soon as the stubble started growth out the scar was visible with the shadow.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did smp last when put in ur scar?
My scar soaked up the ink and had some fading issues in other places also but after 3 sessions it lasted I think about a year.
In my opinion I think the best option is getting fue into scar to break up the straight scar from fut surgery. I wouldn’t mind some scarring on the back of my head as long as it is not so “surgical “looking if you get my point. Then maybe smp if you like after.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you please post a photo of that scar!? Thanks...
I have long hair, and hide it . It is a scar from ear to ear, not wide, but it is imposible to shave it. Simple google for scar hair transplant photos, you will find dozen . " Lucky " me, hair loss drugs works really good on me on stop hair loss, so I keep, like a nw3 with long hair . So I hide the Scar . If wasnt for that stupid hair transplant, I will simple shave it now .

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm why not try using microneedling on the scar to reduce it? Heard that’s an option

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm why not try using microneedling on the scar to reduce it? Heard that’s an option
I should not recommend that, you can also get a Keloid. Anyway, once you cut skin there is scar. The scar could be thin, but it is a scar. zero chances to shave your head or even have it really short wihout have that weird brain surgical scar in your back . It don't look good, even in best scenario , by a way or other you will need to hide it.