Any real solutions for Finasteride-induced sleep issues? Finasteride is messing up with my sleep

Ineedhairbro

New Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2

​

I’ve been taking Finasteride for the past 3 months and haven’t experienced any major side effects except for sleep problems. My sleep quality has dropped significantly, I keep waking up after 3–4 hours and feel groggy in the morning.

I’m not planning to stop Finasteride, so please don’t suggest that—my hair is too important to me. What I am looking for is a real, effective solution. Did any of you face similar sleep issues and found a way to fix it?

Did you take any sleep medication, supplements, or follow a routine that actually helped?
 

losingbattle88

Senior Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3,433

​

I’ve been taking Finasteride for the past 3 months and haven’t experienced any major side effects except for sleep problems. My sleep quality has dropped significantly, I keep waking up after 3–4 hours and feel groggy in the morning.

I’m not planning to stop Finasteride, so please don’t suggest that—my hair is too important to me. What I am looking for is a real, effective solution. Did any of you face similar sleep issues and found a way to fix it?

Did you take any sleep medication, supplements, or follow a routine that actually helped?
When I was on duta my sleep was horrible for 5 months then it passed. Just wait it out or get on sleeping meds. I switched to topical finasteride instead and got on a sleeping med. finasteride blocks allopregnanolone. A neurosteroid which is good for sleep.
 

Ineedhairbro

New Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2
When I was on duta my sleep was horrible for 5 months then it passed. Just wait it out or get on sleeping meds. I switched to topical finasteride instead and got on a sleeping med. finasteride blocks allopregnanolone. A neurosteroid which is good for sleep.
Ok, can working out can help in increase allopregnanolene levels?
 

Armando Jose

Senior Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1,063

​

I’ve been taking Finasteride for the past 3 months and haven’t experienced any major side effects except for sleep problems. My sleep quality has dropped significantly, I keep waking up after 3–4 hours and feel groggy in the morning.

I’m not planning to stop Finasteride, so please don’t suggest that—my hair is too important to me. What I am looking for is a real, effective solution. Did any of you face similar sleep issues and found a way to fix it?

Did you take any sleep medication, supplements, or follow a routine that actually helped?
Finas have a link with neurotransmisors involucrated in sleep, take care
And stress is not a good choice in hairloss, in this case over all scalp hairs
 

Arthurandsam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
31
What is the solution for this? Any proven supplement i can take to save my neurotransmittors
Take PEA and Gaba and try melatonin 2mg + magnesium before bed for help to sleep
 

Yarkira

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
17
I had something similar when I first started taking Finasteride. I can't say for sure it was the cause, but my sleep definitely felt lighter for a while. What helped me most was sticking to a consistent bedtime, cutting back on caffeine later in the day, and avoiding screens right before bed. I also found that improving my sleep setup made a difference. I upgraded my mattress and eventually got a Modloft bed, which made my bedroom feel a lot more comfortable and relaxing. Not a magic fix, but better sleep habits plus a better sleep environment seemed to help over time.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Yar
Top