Reaction score
Hello guys.

I am almost 20 days in my routine:
- Minoxidil 5% 2 times a day,
- Nizoral twice a week (5-10 min),
- Dermarolling (1mm) once a week,
- MSM supplement every day.
- I'll start biotin too.

Pictures were taken 17 days apart, approximately the same hair length, maybe longer in the first photo. I know the angle and lighting are not exactly the same, but it was the best I could. I will try to improve from now on

I know it is to soon to have results but from the pictures seems that I have a little Bit of regrowth on the crown area. What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_20210917_105951.jpg

rippedgenius

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely looks like you're responding well. Keep it up!

Continue taking photos to assess, and try maintain lighting the same as much as possible for better validation.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to tell as you said the first photo isn't great quality. It's still quite early but looks like potentially there's some new hairs sprouting. Keep at it

HelpMyHair!!

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys.

I am almost 20 days in my routine:
- Minoxidil 5% 2 times a day,
- Nizoral twice a week (5-10 min),
- Dermarolling (1mm) once a week,
- MSM supplement every day.
- I'll start biotin too.

Pictures were taken 17 days apart, approximately the same hair length, maybe longer in the first photo. I know the angle and lighting are not exactly the same, but it was the best I could. I will try to improve from now on

I know it is to soon to have results but from the pictures seems that I have a little Bit of regrowth on the crown area. What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 169726
Dude, 17 days is NOT too early to see minoxidil results. I just learned that in literally like 10 days since starting oral minoxidil!

I think what is happening is quite a few of your vellus hairs are going terminal, and becoming visible.

You definitely have some progress, even though the first picture isn't the greatest.

Congrats man, keep it up, and don't lose hope buddy! Also, I would highly suggest a DHT blocker, if you are able to take one (Finasteride, dutasteride).
Good luck, keep us posted!

Mrpetre

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, 17 days is NOT too early to see minoxidil results. I just learned that in literally like 10 days since starting oral minoxidil!

I think what is happening is quite a few of your vellus hairs are going terminal, and becoming visible.

You definitely have some progress, even though the first picture isn't the greatest.

Congrats man, keep it up, and don't lose hope buddy! Also, I would highly suggest a DHT blocker, if you are able to take one (Finasteride, dutasteride).
Good luck, keep us posted!
Thank you a lot m8.
I'll talk with my doctor and do some blood tests to see my testosterone and DHT levels, but I am living in africa right now, so I'll have to wait a couple months.

I'll keep you guys posted.

NW9000

Established Member
Reaction score
Zero difference - this stuff takes many months

However looking at your norwood level, no hate but you're too far gone to expect anything great from this regime

On top of that you don't even have an anti-DHT, though I see you intend to take one eventually

Basically if you're serious about this you need to consider oral minoxidil, otherwise just shave it bro

Oral minoxidil plus finasteride or dutasteride will get you decent regrowth in the crown, and then the front you can get transplanted

It is a good thing you posted your pics otherwise nobody would have told you this

HelpMyHair!!

My Regimen
Reaction score
Zero difference - this stuff takes many months

However looking at your norwood level, no hate but you're too far gone to expect anything great from this regime

On top of that you don't even have an anti-DHT, though I see you intend to take one eventually

Basically if you're serious about this you need to consider oral minoxidil, otherwise just shave it bro

Oral minoxidil plus finasteride or dutasteride will get you decent regrowth in the crown, and then the front you can get transplanted

It is a good thing you posted your pics otherwise nobody would have told you this
2 weeks on oral minoxidil. First week 1.25MG once a day. 2nd week 1.25MG twice a day.
Added topical 5% minoxidil 1x per day for the 2nd week.
Pictures taken exactly 1 week apart.
Buzzed hair to #1 right before taking pics both times.
Same lighting, angle and camera.

I've been on Finasteride for a year as well.

Attachments

• 20210912_182639_resized.jpg
    20210912_182639_resized.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 20210918_065244.jpg
    20210918_065244.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 166

HelpMyHair!!

My Regimen
Reaction score
2 weeks on oral minoxidil. First week 1.25MG once a day. 2nd week 1.25MG twice a day.
Added topical 5% minoxidil 1x per day for the 2nd week.
Pictures taken exactly 1 week apart.
Buzzed hair to #1 right before taking pics both times.
Same lighting, angle and camera.

I've been on Finasteride for a year as well.
Edit.
Started Oral minoxidil on 9-9.
Took first pic on Sept 12th, added topical 5% on the 12th on temples only, and upped does to 1.25MG oral 2x a day
2nd pic today, so 9 days total.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't personally see a clear difference between those photos, maybe someone with a better eye for detail can