Any Point In Starting 'the Big 3' At This Stage?

cat-party

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all!

New user here and just looking for some honest advice from others who would know a lot more about this than myself.

I'm about to turn 30 and have been losing my hair for the past 5 or so years now. It started slowly at the crown but has progressed to thinning all over the top too over the last couple of years.

Essentially I just want to know is there any point in starting 'the big 3' at this stage of my hair loss or have I let it progress too far?

If minimal results are all I can expect then I think I'm ready to accept now that a hair transplant is really my only genuine option, but I thought it was worth one last shot before I go down that route.

Really appreciate the help.

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image6.jpeg

BeHereNow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have quite a few active follicles so yes it is worth a go. At the very least you’ll need finasteride before a transplant anyway to stabilise your hair loss. If you decide to go on the Big Three commit fully to it for at least two years.

cat-party

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have quite a few active follicles so yes it is worth a go. At the very least you’ll need finasteride before a transplant anyway to stabilise your hair loss. If you decide to go on the Big Three commit fully to it for at least two years.

Thanks mate appreciate it!

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely, you should give it a shot. You could very well save what you have left and if you're lucky you might grow some more.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agree with the other posters start the big 3 plus dermarolling, you may respond great to it. Good luck.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you heard about microneedling? Do it in conjunction with minoxidil .I can't say about finasteride because I never used it and will not.
About hair transplant ,I must say you are a better candidate. Best luck!

cat-party

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow thanks for all the replies guys much appreciated!

Is it okay for me to start dermarolling at the same time as starting the big 3 or should I introduce that at a later stage?

manda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow thanks for all the replies guys much appreciated!

Is it okay for me to start dermarolling at the same time as starting the big 3 or should I introduce that at a later stage?

No need to wait. Just start everything asap and be consistent with your regimen. That's all you can do for now. Good luck!

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No need to wait. Just start everything asap and be consistent with your regimen. That's all you can do for now. Good luck!
What's your opinion on Derma rolling & applying minoxidil right after?