any point crushing finasteride into nizoral bootle?

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
any point crushing finasteride into nizoral bottle?

Hey folks. Haven't been on here for a while, not cause the hair is great, but because I had an "awakening" - Propecia is killing my sex drive, minoxidil is making me look like a zombie, and these are the best options we have right now (pathetic). Anyways, since I dropped the finasteride almost a year ago, my sex drive crashed and slowly recovered to a decent place - hair going to ****. My question is whether it makes any sense to throw a few propecia pills into my nizoral bottle for some sort of topical effect. Im thinking if it penetrates to the follicle with the nizoral and washes away before hitting the bloodstream, it wouldn't hurt to throw some in there for good measure.

Any thoughts?

Rawtashk

Reaction score
None whatsoever. I can't find the study now, but I read a while back about a study on finasteride as a topical drug. The body DHT (not scalp readings) were within about 2 percentage points of each other. So, the absorption through your scalp will have the same effect as you taking it orally.

Have you tried it at .5mg a day?

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
None whatsoever. I can't find the study now, but I read a while back about a study on finasteride as a topical drug. The body DHT (not scalp readings) were within about 2 percentage points of each other. So, the absorption through your scalp will have the same effect as you taking it orally.

Have you tried it at .5mg a day?

Yes Ive tried every thing. .5mg a day, .5mg EOD, .25 etc. After some time with each trial the effects reappear and I can tell that the drug is working. However, Ive never tried it topically. When u say that there is no point whatsover, do you mean that it wont have any effect or that the effect is the same as taking it orally?

rcom440

Reaction score
It would have to stay on your skin for a long time in order to do anything. Some people put finasteride in their minoxidil.

- - - Updated - - -

... and if works for some people it's because it gets absorbed systematically not locally.